Virus Signature Database update difficulties after system restore

Hi,

I have recently used system restore on my windows 7 due to some problems. I have only restored from 30th Dec to 15th and it was successful. However, my ESET Smart Security says that virus signature database is out of date but when I try to update it holds for like 2 seconds and says there's no updates even though my ESET is still red saying it's out of date.

I tried clearing update cache and that didn't work either. Anyone got a suggestion how I can fix that?

Thanks

Dan

Dan, do you have your Smart Security set to check for automatic updates? If so, has one of those time frames passed? My most recent update was 9231 today at 10:32AM EST. You can check that via the updates tab and the log files-events.

9231 is on mine too. So I guess I am up to date after all but why is ESET telling me wrong then :(

Last updated: 14/12/13.

Tom, I've performed a regular automatic update before and it did nothing. I tried it again now (run now) and somehow it worked, it turned back to green ._.

Thanks for help Tom and Marcos :)

Dan, I am glad to hear that. I know in the past when I've done a system restore, it seems that ESET SS7 and my PC are temporarily "out of sync". So I just wait till the next update :P and verify what the most current update is. (A new one 9232 just showed up)

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN85

You can also visit ESET Virus Radar. It's interesting.

hxxp://www.virusradar.com/en/home/world

Edited by TomFace

I had that issue with system restore and had to re-install eset smart security and update.It seems eset don't work well after system restore.I did a clean install,No issues so for so good. :D

• 6 months later...

The most current version is 10160.  Has it updated to that? Oh and by the way, welcome seaphilia-glad you're here!

Edited by TomFace

Im using Eset Smart Security but all of a sudden its sez my Virus database signature is out of date but up to date at the same time....last successful update 7/22/14 its all red with a warning. Version 10174 (20140730) is the Version but I have a feeling that's not correct.....anything I can do to get this irritating thing working right? It sez update Eset Smart Security 7.0 (Important) I hit the update button and nothing happens...

Edited by ziptie

Im using Eset Smart Security but all of a sudden its sez my Virus database signature is out of date but up to date at the same time....last successful update 7/22/14 its all red with a warning. Version 10174 (20140730) is the Version but I have a feeling that's not correct.....anything I can do to get this irritating thing working right? It sez update Eset Smart Security 7.0 (Important) I hit the update button and nothing happens...

Switch to pre release updates, then switch back again. That will solve your issue.

In the meantime... double check the system date & time on your computer.

The most current version is 10160.  Has it updated to that? Oh and by the way, welcome seaphilia-glad you're here!

Yes it had! I couldn't reply you because I could only post once that day (weird but oh well, I can post now haha). Hence I gave a kudo instead to thank you for your reply! :)

I could only post once that day (weird but oh well, I can post now haha). Hence I gave a kudo instead to thank you for your reply! :)

Are you sure you were logged in? If you are logged in you should normally post a post every 20 seconds or so.

And you don't give him a kudo. Arakasis post actually has 0 kudos.

By the way: This was a quite old post, so next time please open a new topic.

Edited by rugk