Eset File Security update wont work

I am having problems updating my current version 6.4 to the latest one, i keep getting the same error.

I Am the administrator of this server and likewise where i log in physically or remotely i run into the same road block .
The server is fully up to date with the latest windows updates, Eset file server definitions are also up to date as seen by the images below 

I have even tried a reboot on the server hence the low uptime on it but that also didn't help

Any advice would be appreciated 

Capture.thumb.PNG.4931d347618fb49e4887ca5d09573e29.PNG355325692_Capture2.PNG.b57346a23b0ac27406d8c69f1626753c.PNG

1258185237_Capture3.thumb.PNG.59bf4a7276448caa632134735470c8f0.PNG

I had a similar problem. Domain administrator account did not allow ESET upgrade, had to use a local administrator account. Not that convenient for the domain controller.

Note:

Windows sever 2012 64-bit, both Std and Essentials (6.2.9200). Fully patched

ESET file server v6.5.12007 -> v6.5.12017

Edited by Patch

You lose access to the local admin when a server is converted to a domain controller.

Only the domain admin is available now.

As a work around, you could try launching command prompt as administrator, then running the msi using the elevated CMD, if that is your goal to launch the msi as admin.

1 hour ago, Arakasi said:

You lose access to the local admin when a server is converted to a domain controller.

Only the domain admin is available now.

As a work around, you could try launching command prompt as administrator, then running the msi using the elevated CMD, if that is your goal to launch the msi as admin.

Thank you the above worked a treat 

17 hours ago, Arakasi said:

I'm upgrading a Windows sever 2012 64-bit Essentials (6.2.9200)  domain controller virtual machine from a full installation of ESET file server v6.5.12007 -> v6.5.12017

Enabling program upgrades doesn't work as it reports v6.5.12007 is current.

Running efsw_nt64_ENU.msi from the graphical user interface when logged on as a domain administrator doesn't work with this version due to the problem described above.

Logging in as a domain administrator, opening a command prompt as an administrator, cd to the directory with the program update, and running msiexec appears to  work, however I'm unsure what are the recommended parameters for this command. The following command appears to not uninstall the old version first, instead giving prompts expected for a first install.

msiexec /qf /i efsw_nt64_ENU.msi

Edit

Just typing the file name at the command prompt works ie

efsw_nt64_ENU.msi

Which in hind sight this is probably the same as

msiexec  /i efsw_nt64_ENU.msi
On 8/5/2018 at 1:40 AM, Marcos said:

Did you right-click the msi installer and select Run as administrator?

That requires a registry hack

However elevation to administrator should normally happen automatically with msi files, and it worked in the past. Not sure if it isn't now due to a change in this installation file or my server

Edited by Patch
Clarification