EIS & Windows 10 login using webcam

What's the recommended settings to allow webcam access by the Windows 10 system to allow Windows Hello facial recognition to work please?  The only method I've been successful with is by allowing access permanently to the svchost.exe (Setup - Computer protection - Webcam protection - Configure - Webcam Protection - Rules - Allow access (to C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe)

Is this the best/only way or is there an alternative?

Thanks!

• Administrators

If blocking webcam usage for the svchost.exe service prevents facial recognition from working properly, then you'll need to permit it if you want to take advantage of the feature.

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

If blocking webcam usage for the svchost.exe service prevents facial recognition from working properly, then you'll need to permit it if you want to take advantage of the feature.

That is correct, IF ESET WORKS. I'm on the latest RS5 Insider Preview build -the one with the patch for Eset to work- and the Web cam protection IS NOT working. It doesn't block apps or services from accessing the camera and it doesn't allow the creation of rules for it... thought I should mention this here instead of opening a new thread.

I have tested this with windows Hello on my OMEN15, with the Camera app and using the Camera through Opera and Chrome on several webs, including the Whatsapp web app in Opera.