ESET Internet Security weird nofitication

Hi,

I've gotten this notification this morning on IS 11.2.49.0 on Windows 10 1803. Not sure what to make of it :)

The learn more link leads here: https://help.eset.com/eis/11.2/en-US/idh_config_alert.html

Thanks.

weirdnotification.PNG

• Administrators

Are you able to reproduce this after a computer restart? What were you doing shortly before the notification window popped up?

Do you use default EIS settings?

I usually don't have internet connected to my PC before I log into the Windows. And microsoft, in their utter stupidity already runs the user account in the background before you even log in. I had issues where I would shut down my PC while I had a browser with youtube video open, and I would hear that video playing under the lock screen next time I started the PC. So, in case of Internet Security, I often get a notification that ESET can not connect to the update service, because I usually don't turn on the network before I log in. I don't often see that notification, as I am not logged in yet, but I can hear the sound even on the logon screen. Then the notification gets invalidated once the internet is up an running. So it could be related to that.

• Administrators

We have found the cause. The empty notification appeared because you didn't have the latest Translation support module 1701 installed. It's a staggered release, ie. users receive it in batches. We're going to fully release it for v10/11 users momentarily. A newer module 1704 has been available on pre-release servers.

The notification won't appear again this month. It's also possible to choose to not display it next time it appears.

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

We have found the cause. The empty notification appeared because you didn't have the latest Translation support module 1701 installed. It's a staggered release, ie. users receive it in batches. We're going to fully release it for v10/11 users momentarily. A newer module 1704 has been available on pre-release servers.

The notification won't appear again this month. It's also possible to choose to not display it next time it appears.

Alright, thanks for the quick solution :)

• 1 month later...

I have windows 10 64 bit and all the KIS 2017 notifications show up in the windows 10 action center which is annoying. I did not have low level notifications (data base updates etc) for KIS 2016 behaving like this. Windows 10 allows control of KIS notifications to the action center to be either all on or all off. In KIS 2017 the setting options do the same thing - we can turn all notifications off or all notifications on. I do not find an option to pick which notifications I want to see. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

• Administrators
8 hours ago, matador86 said:

I have windows 10 64 bit and all the KIS 2017 notifications show up in the windows 10 action center which is annoying.

This is ESET's forum. If your post is not related to ESET in any way, please remove it. If it is, create a new topic with a description of the issue that you are having and concerns ESET.