ESET Smart Security 7 uses 1,3 GB RAM

I installed the new version...7.0.302.26

ESET Smart Security 7 uses 1,3 GB RAM

Why so much Ram?!!!

Screen 1:

hxxp://110.imagebam.com/download/LdcHw_0puaXgUvHxDbvQSQ/29764/297631101/ESETXX.jpg

Screen 2:

hxxp://111.imagebam.com/download/NevF6_ZrYivJqfhLE5ngJQ/29764/297631323/esetyy.png

Screen 3:

hxxp://109.imagebam.com/download/vSNmFIfzb96PL5FCTXUCLw/29764/297632936/SCREEN%203.png

Windows 7 64-bit 10 GB RAM

Edited by Makinero

Wow that's interesting, it's actually egui.exe wich is the GUI process that is using that much.

Wait for ESET officials to chime in :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

JDownloader2 read/writen

ESET's constant scanning and production of temp files for checking JDownloader's activity would likely be what is causing your excessive memory usage. There's a workaround posted on the JDownloader forums for ESET products, but in my opinion the workaround creates a huge security hole. I'd wait to see what the ESET moderators recommend as the best way to handle the issue.

• Administrators

No 3rd party application should affect the memory usage of egui.exe as the only service responsible for scanning is ekrn.exe. If you are able to reproduce the issue after a computer restart, create a memory dump of egui.exe via the Task manager, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.