Probleme debug Delphi with ESET 11.2.49

Hi Marcos, 

I am experiencing the same problem as described and would like to know what do you refer as "fix provided".  Where can I get it until the service release is ready??  Disabling NOD32 is not an option... 

Thanks and regards.

The fix did not fix my problem. Disable real-time protection and displays the following message: Security Alert. Real-time file system protection is not working. This feature has not been started and your computer is not protected against some types of threats.
To not have the job of reinstalling the program, I did the same test on a virtual machine, but it has the same error.

Using Eset Internet Security 11.2.49.0
Delphi 10 Seattle 
Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Compiling SO. 17134.165 

7 minutes ago, João Elson said:

The fix did not fix my problem. Disable real-time protection and displays the following message: Security Alert. Real-time file system protection is not working. This feature has not been started and your computer is not protected against some types of threats.
To not have the job of reinstalling the program, I did the same test on a virtual machine, but it has the same error.

Using Eset Internet Security 11.2.49.0
Delphi 10 Seattle 
Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Compiling SO. 17134.165 

The same happens to me.

I have the same problem with debugging, and while disabling RTP does work, the affinity fix does not.

So: Two solutions [etc]

1. I have added the BDS.exe directory to be excluded from real time file system protection. 

Doesn't work for me.

2. define the affinity of the BDS.exe process. [etc]

Doesn't work for me.

3. Adding the whole Embarcadero program directory to be excluded from real time file system protection. 
    AND adding the directory the Delphi project is being built in, ie, the executable code.

Works once, sometimes, but always fails on second attempt to run the executable.

4. Editing RTP and disabling checks on file create, open and execute as well as 3. 

Works. Might work without 3, wasted too much time on this now to check.

Edited by crem
Added more info.

I also use Delphi XE7 and Delphi 10.2.3. Both hang in Debug mode. Works when Disabling ESET 10.2.49.0 Real-time-Protection. All was working prior to this ESET version

Edited by Sven Bayerl

ESET is taking too long to officially release a new fixed version of SmartSecurity. The provided patch cannot be installed by some of us, since it is rejected by SmartSecurity and the realtime filesystem security got disabled.

Edited by Carlos Cantu

• Administrators

The new fixed driver is not WHQL signed and therefore doesn't load on systems with Secure Boot enabled. Getting WHQL certification is not a fast process but takes time. A proper WHQL driver will be included in the next hotfix of v11.2 along with other fixes.

Those who have installed the fixed driver it will need to remove it or uninstall EIS before upgrading to a newer version.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Carlos Cantu said:

And what is the estimated date for the next hotfix to be released?

We expect to have at least an internal fixed build ready within 1-2 weeks and will provide it to those who have reported the issue in the forum and on demand.

That's sad. 2 weeks of weak protection since I have to keep realtime protection disabled when I'm debugging apps (and I do this a lot). I hope you can speed up things and get this fix released faster.

Edited by Carlos Cantu

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Carlos Cantu said:

And what is the estimated date for the next hotfix to be released?

We can't tell now if this version will be released or if it will remain available on demand. Normally the next hotfix would take several weeks or months to be released since we are working on changes that are urgent and need to be done with regard to planned restrictions in Chrome.

I have the same problem. My version of NOD32 is: 11.2.49.0.
I hope that they will soon release the next revision.
I have been using Delphi XE5 for years and had never had this problem.
Thank you

"One of our customers, found that you can keep the real time protection ON, but "Open Files" and "Create Files" monitoring should be switched off, the debugger hang then does not happen.

Roy Nelson"

On 8/2/2018 at 1:09 PM, Branko said:

You should create shortcut:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START /affinity 1 bds.exe -pDelphi
with Start in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin"

I can confirm that this option works perfectly.
I look forward to the final solution.
Santiago Russo

I am working with Delphi® XE2 Version 16.0.4429.46931 on windows 10  Home v.1803 and the integrated debugger hangs when debugging 32-bit applications.

The fix with setting the affinity did not work for us (delphi XE2 still hangs when creating the first form)
Turning of Realtime File System Protection did fix the problem.
Only turning off the 'Open files' and 'Create Files' options while leaving RFSP on did fix the problem too.

The last option seems to be the best solution currently available but I am not sure how much this compromises our security.

We are looking at an extension of our ESET licenses at the end of this year but depend heavily on the correct working of Delphi. Should we move to another security provider?

Elbert Waller

• Administrators

Please temporarily uninstall v11.2 and install v11.1 downloadable from https://support.eset.com/kb2885/. EIS is not available there, I'm checking why. You can temporarily use ESET NOD32 Antivirus v11.1 and disable program updates until a fixed version v11.2 will be ready (within 1-2 weeks).

Disabling scan on open and scan on create options is not recommended since it effectively disables real-time protection.

Marcos,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
However, on the page of the download link I can only find version 11.0.159.9 and no version 11.1...

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Elw53 said:

However, on the page of the download link I can only find version 11.0.159.9 and no version 11.1...

I apologize, I've overlooked that. Please use the latest available version, ie. 11.0.159 until we provide a hotfix.

You should create shortcut:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START /affinity 1 bds.exe -pDelphi
with Start in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin"

I can confirm that this option works perfectly.
I look forward to the final solution.
Santiago Russo

Despite using this option, the IDE sometimes freezes.
I ask that you please correct the error soon.
Thank you.

Edited by SantiagoRusso