Probleme debug Delphi with ESET 11.2.49

• Administrators

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection make a difference?

To start off please provide ELC logs.

• Administrators

Unfortunately no, only English. You can use an online translator but it looks like your English is quite good so no worries.

Please manually generate a complete memory dump at a point when the issue occurs as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/kb380.

When done, compress the dump, collect logs with ELC, upload both archives to a safe location and drop me a private message with download links.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, DidierPatrick said:

the size files of memory dump : 154 mb

the size file eis log : 85 mb

i can't send these files (only 10 mb)

Please upload the files to DropBox, OneDrive, etc. and drop me a private message with download links.

hi there,

i have the same problem here: 

Debuging an application let it freez instandly. Only pausing the real-time protection helps.

Also tried some exclusions and HIPS rules without success.

Can also provide memorydumb/log files.

using Eset 11.2.49.0

Embarcadero Delphi 10 Seattle Version 23.0.20618.2753 

Windows 10

I have the same problem. Compilation occurs normal, but using in debugging hangs the delphi.

Using Eset Internet Security 11.2.49.0
Delphi 10 Seattle 
Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Compiling SO. 17134.165 

Having the same problem with 11.2: the Delphi IDE hangs till the developed application is killed in the taskmgr.
Found a temporary workaround, without completely disabling the realtime scanner: turn Scan On: "File open" and "File creation" off.

Of course securitywise I am convinced that this is far from ideal.

(changing Hips or excluding files was not sufficient)

I have the same problem. Re- and Uninstalled my old-old delphi2006, believed that is the problem and installed a "newer" delphi 2007 (I have a lot large project in that old versions) but the error is persist. Work of hours  showed me, that the mentioned eset version made me this foolish installation.

It's interesting that 64 bit application run-with-debugging works but 32 bit does not.  I've been using Delphi 10.2.1 and 10.2.3.

Edited by x-ray

Have the same problem withh Delphi Berlin 10.2 - Disabling Real time scanner work but you can also disable local disk sub item and it should work. It work for me.

See here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51623474/delphi-10-2-3-hangs-when-starting-with-debugging-a-32-bit-application/51631582

Two solutions are proposed:

1. I have added the BDS.exe directory to be excluded from real time file system protection. Seems to be fine now.

2. The only workaround I've found was to define the affinity of the BDS.exe process. You can do this by right clicking the bds.exe process in the Details tab of the Task Manager and Define affinity but it will only define it for the current run. You can define affinity definitively by running BDS through the command line. Here is my shortcut :

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START /affinity 1 bds.exe

Do any of these work?

Edited by RvW

the first option does not seem to do  work.

the second option worked. I created a batch file and it seems to be working fine. I would still  like to see ESET put out out a fix.

thanks

One additional note. The problem is NOT circumscribed to Delphi.

I'm using both Delphi (2010 and 10.2.3) and Visual Studio 2010, and both hang once debug starts.

Hop to see a fix soon.

See here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51623474/delphi-10-2-3-hangs-when-starting-with-debugging-a-32-bit-application/51631582

Two solutions are proposed:

1. I have added the BDS.exe directory to be excluded from real time file system protection. Seems to be fine now.

MP:  Didn't help me at all.

2. The only workaround I've found was to define the affinity of the BDS.exe process. You can do this by right clicking the bds.exe process in the Details tab of the Task Manager and Define affinity but it will only define it for the current run. You can define affinity definitively by running BDS through the command line. Here is my shortcut :

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START /affinity 1 bds.exe

MP:  I didn't try this.  I don't know why it should help.  That aside, possibly degrading performance whilst also being something I'd need to do every time I run Delphi isn't worth my time.  For the moment, RTP is disabled

… also being something I'd need to do every time I run Delphi isn't worth my time.

You should create shortcut:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START /affinity 1 bds.exe -pDelphi
with Start in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin"

• Administrators

Thank you all who have confirmed that the fix provided resolved the issue. It will be included in the upcoming service release of v11.2. As for ETA, I can't tell right now but will keep you posted.