Hello I currently use browsers,waterfox,pale moon, seamonkey and internet exporer 11.Could you name the best search engine for each,I know eset takes care of browsers, regardless of which browser is used.My experiences with google chrome wasn't good. Thank you all.Have a friuitful and prosperous up and coming New year,

Edited by chrlshlmn

Hi Chris  :)

I use Google myself, it seems to work best for me, and I always come back to Google after trying some other search engine. Good or bad privacy wise...well I guess I don't care since I want to find what i'm searching for that's the point.

Duck Duck Go is another one that is said to be like Google but have better privacy, but same with DDG it never last long and soon I find myself using Google again.

So I have stopped looking for a replacement Google it is  :D

Thank you SweX,google is and has always been my choice,I was trying to see if there was any others.Thank you very much again.Google it is.Happy upcoming New Year.Take care. :)

I am partial to Dogpile. It uses several other engines. It has a toolbar available, but I shy away from those things. :rolleyes:

And Happy New Year to you chrlshlmn :) and to all members, moderators and visitors.

Edited by TomFace

Thank you SweX,google is and has always been my choice,I was trying to see if there was any others.Thank you very much again.Google it is.Happy upcoming New Year.Take care. :)

Thank you Chris.

Late Merry Christmas & Happy upcoming New Year to you and your family and friends too.  :)

Yes there are indeed other search engines to chose from so i'm sure you will get a few other suggestions too.

Maybe this "list" will come in handy for people that are looking for alternatives or just want to see what's available: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines

Edited by SweX

Hey Chris

Personally I use, a combination, of Bing as a start page (IE 11), but has configured the browser to use Goggles as a search engine. My own experience is, that Bing has a tendency to direct me to more questionable links, and especially with image search, (that is blocked by Eset) , than Google does. Another search engine that I like is " Start page" that is supported by Google, and gives you more privacy, if that is a concern. Oh, btw. congratulation with post 100, and of course, a happy new year to you my friend.

Regards Janus

Thank you Janus,after trying startpage.com as a search engine I am trying and testing to see if I feel comfortable with it.So for, no known issues.I am using it as my default search engine in internet explorer 11 with msn as homepage.Thank you again for your helpful and supportive info.

Great Chris, hopefully you will start to like it as much so you will stay with it and use it as your everyday search engine  :)