Anti-Phishing turns itself off - ESET Mobile

I have ESET mobile on my Kindle HD10.  I believe that, until recently it's been working OK (I'm not that sure, it may have been wrong for sometime).

The issue is that, from time to time (maybe a couple of times a day) when I go into ESET it tells me that the Anti-phishing is not turned on and that I need to Approve it.  When I hit the approve button it takes me into the Kindles settings and the ESET approval setting is turned on.  If I turn it off and on again the anti phishing starts working again.  I do not know why it's turning itself off nor why the Kindle says it's approved by ESET thinks it isn't.  It stays on for half a day or so and then I get the warning.  I get no notification on my Kindle and only notice this error if I physically go in and check in the ESET app.  As far as I can see all other protection is working correctly.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

This is also happening to me, my android phone just updated and the same thing comes up. But when I turn it back on it immediately turns back off as soon as I exit the app. Please help

• Administrators

Please contact your local customer care and submit a ticket via the in-built form so that the case is properly tracked.

Whenever I open the incognito and the behavior happens, then everything has to be allowed back

Edited by galaxy

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

What brand / type of phone do you have? This is typical of Huawei, Xiaomi and some Samsung phones.

Make sure that you have no battery optimizers installed and an aggressive power save mode activated.

Thanks for the prompt response. i have a Nokia 6 android Oreo. Anyways i was going through some of the earlier posts and somewhat figured out the problem. Its working fine since then. Like u said it is a battery saving issue though not specifically "battery optimization". There is a android function in BATTERY SETTINGS called "background activity manager" which stops apps from running in background and draining battery. I took eset off this "blacklist" and voila ! Thanks for the help, much appreciated.