ERA 6.5 Agent push install shows "success" but no agent is installed

just got ERA 6.5 installed. When pushing agent it will say it completed successfully but the agent never gets installed. was RDP'd into test machine after push and you do see the ESET REMOTE ADMIN PUSH background process for a brief second and then disappears. after it disappears ESET AGENT SERVER Task shows "task completed successfully" but no agent is installed. happened on 2 different machines running windows 10. Tried a local install using agent live installer and after doing the windows 10 >> more info >> continue anyways there is no DOS screen or subsequent windows installer icon below. Customer does not want to do local installs of agent using MSI. 

• Administrators

If the computers are in a domain, I'd strongly recommend installing agent via GPO which should be hassle-free. If that is not an option, use the ESET Remote Deployment tool.

can't do GPO because the domain has a mix of ESET and Sophos and customer does not want agent on those non ESET AV computers. Tried using the deployment tool but after it says "success" like the ERA 6.5 deployment status nothing happens on the endpoint. Even when I bring up the task manager there is no ERA_x64 process like I see when a successful deployment of all in one or agent when using deployment tool.