Office 365 Settings not working for SMTP

Working with customer on getting notifications to be sent out from ERA 6.5 and when putting in his settings for OFFICE 365 the test fails in RED and nothing gets sent. We also tried a GO Daddy email and same. Do they have to be hosting their own email server like exchange for this to work? 

• ESET Staff

Hello, 
For Notifications- > Distribution -> Send email it is required to configure : 
Admin -> Server settings -> Advanced Settings ->  SMTP Server. as stated here : https://help.eset.com/era_admin/65/en-US/?admin_server_settings.html -> "SMTP server - Use an SMTP Server to let ERA Server send email messages (for example email notifications or reports). "

so my question is still, does ERA 6.5 SMTP Server settings fully support email configurations for Office 365 or Go Daddy?  I had customer mirror the settings on his phone which was set for Office 365 and it still won't work in ERA 6.5. Test email always fails. Confirmed settings are correct. Do you have to be hosting your own mail server for this to work? 

• ESET Staff

Could you specify what error you actually receive when attempting to send emails to Office365 SMTP servers? Unfortunately I have no account to test with, but following configuration:

image.png

fails on authentication, so I guess it should work once correct credentials are provided.

it does not specify anything with authentication. just that the test failed. We mirrored the same settings on this phone so we know the authentication part is correct.