Privileges changed - Mac

scolman
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right section, and I hope someone can help me.

I work in the IT Dept. We run ESET RAC and manage clients with several policy configurations for different OU's. We recently installed ESET NOD32 Antivrus(4.1.89) for Mac OS X 10.9.

The Mac has the same policy set up as any other machine.

Recently, a pop-up box keeps appearing saying: "Privileges Changed". This appears around the same time everyday. The user has admin rights. I followed insturctions on a forum at Knowledge base, by going "System Preference>Users and Groups" etc etc.  There is a policy setting under ESET Daemon>Settings>Privileges>Privileged users(Unix desktop v4). If you leave the value empty it means all users are privileged. I tried that and I tired entering just the user name but that didn't seem to work either.

Now, I'm stuck. When the message appears I try and see if it connects to the console and it doesn't. Virus signature database is up to date.

Pop-up box attached.

Please let me know if you need anymore information and if you are able to help.

Kind regards,

Sam

post-2615-0-58122400-1388137689_thumb.png

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like the message appears all the time, no matter what I change to the policy configuration.

The message appears several times a day.

Thanks

Edited by scolman

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello Sam,

we are not able to reproduce the issue anyhow.

It seems like some issue with the policy used.

So as a first step I would try to redefine new policy from a scratch.

Also it would be good to upgrade to the latest ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X 4.1.94 as far as you are using latest Mac OS X 10.9.

In case you won't be able to fix the issue please send me private message with reference to this thread with Exported policy used and version of ERA used.

Hello,

I updated to the latest version of ESET NOD43 Antivirus Edition for Mac OS X 4.194 and it has resolved the problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Sam

Edited by scolman