Unable to install Eset Smart Security Premium

Auto translation, my apologies.

Hello

I bought Eset Smart Security Premium on 22/02/2018

I installed "Eset Smart Security Premium" without uninstalling Eset Smart Security

After installation, the antivirus "Eset" worked very well but there is no trace of "Password Manager" or "Encryption Software".

I uninstalled "Eset Smart Security Premium".

The computer refused to start.

After restore by Windows 7 I can open "Eset Smart Security Premium" in perfect working condition but there is no trace password manager or encryption software.

Only the antivirus works.

However, the Eset window says "Eset Smart Security Premium" but I do not have the password manager or the encryption module.

I did not have time to try again.

On 18/07/2018 I tried another installation without success.

As I have been subscribing to Eset since 2008 and since 2011, I work on the same PC without formatting. I did a search on disk C with FileLocatorPro on the words "Eset Smart Security"

Here is the result:

File dated 15/02/2018

? \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Smart Security Menu \ Programs \ ESET \ ESET

File dated 11/02/2018

? \ ProgramData \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 11/02/2018

? \ Program Files \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 02/08/2016

? \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ systemprofile \ AppData \ Roaming \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 24/07/2016

? \ Users \ Setier \ AppData \ Roaming \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 24/07/2016

? \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ systemprofile \ AppData \ Local \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 04/20/2015

? \ Users \ Administrator \ AppData \ Roaming \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 15/12/2014

? \ Users \ Administrator \ AppData \ Local \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

File dated 01/07/2014

? \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ config \ systemprofile \ AppData \ Local \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

Folder 09/11/2012

? \ Users \ Setier \ AppData \ Local \ ESET \ ESET Smart Security

I think since 2011, all Eset folders have remained on my C drive: They may be the cause of my crash after uninstall.

But how to do it ? Certainly, the uninstall does not uninstall everything and as an uninstall hangs the PC, I can not delete the remaining files.

However, the Eset window says "Eset Smart Security Premium" but I do not have the "password manager" or the "encryption module".

Excuse me for the length of my post.

Your help would be precious to me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Michel

image.png

Edited by Setier

Automatic translation, Sorry

Good evening,

I tried the "safe mode" many times.

- With the command (Start / All Programs / Eset)
- With the Ccleaner software: (Tools / Uninstalling programs.)
- I disabled all functions of Eset (Antivirus and firewall)
- With or without connected Internet.

Every time my computer crashes and I have to restore.

Regards
Michel

19 hours ago, Setier said:

I tried the "safe mode" many times.

- With the command (Start / All Programs / Eset)

Appears you're not running the uninstaller correctly.

First, download the Eset Uninstaller to your desktop. When the download is completed, there should be an icon on your desktop titled "esetuninstaller."

Next, boot into safe mode. Then and per instructions given on the Eset Uninstaller web page:

In Safe Mode, double-click the installer file you saved to your Desktop to run ESET Uninstaller tool.

I also advise that you print out the instructions given on the Eset Uninstaller web page for reference when doing the Eset uninstall.

Edited by itman

Automatic translation, sorry.

Hello,

I saved the settings of the network adapter.
I downloaded EsetUninstaller from Eset website
In "safe mode" I launched the file "EsetUninstaller".

The following message appeared:

C:\Users\Siter\AppData\Local\Temp\eset.temp\{02D83BBE-8E53-3989-E8C2-17CD45259AFA}\esetuninstaller.exe 8.0.9.0
    Input arguments:
Offline (PC booted from removable media) mode detected.
ESET Uninstaller 8.0
If this is your first time using this tool, please take a moment to check the uninstaller article on our site: https://support.eset.com/kb2289
Warning: This tool will uninstall products in a different way than originally intended. If you have not attempted to uninstall using normal methods, please attempt to uninstall that way before continuing.
Are you sure you wish to continue? (y/n):

I typed y

The following message appeared

C:\Users\Siter\AppData\Local\Temp\eset.temp\{02D83BBE-8E53-3989-E8C2-17CD45259AFA}\esetuninstaller.exe 8.0.9.0
    Input arguments:
ESET Uninstaller 8.0
If this is your first time using this tool, please take a moment to check the uninstaller article on our site: https://support.eset.com/kb2289
Warning: This tool will uninstall products in a different way than originally intended. If you have not attempted to uninstall using normal methods, please attempt to uninstall that way before continuing.
Are you sure you wish to continue? (y/n): y
Scanning available operating systems ...
Available operating systems, which ESET products can be removed from:
Log file location: "C:\Users\Siter\AppData\Local\Temp\eset.temp\{02D83BBE-8E53-3989-E8C2-17CD45259AFA}\~ESETUninstaller.log"
Press any key to exit ...

The procedure stops.

I tried on the command line. The result is the same.

Thank you for your help and for your time
Regards
Michel

2 hours ago, Setier said:

I have never seen this wording before when using the tool. Appears to me you are somehow possibly booting from a Win 7 installation disk?

Also, this: "C:\Users\Siter\AppData\Local\Temp\eset.temp\{02D83BBE-8E53-3989-E8C2-17CD45259AFA}\esetuninstaller.exe 8.0.9.0" indicates you are not running the uninstaller tool from desktop as previously instructed.

Here are instructions on how to boot into safe mode on Win 7:  https://support.eset.com/kb2268/

Edited by itman

Good evening

itman said
Appears to me you are somehow possibly booting from a Win 7 disk installation?

1 month ago, I used the "Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro" CD to restore the system disk of the PC. The restoration of Windows is inoperative.
Since my tests on Eset, I have restored several times in safe mode without problem.

itman said
Here are instructions on how to boot into safe mode on Win 7: https://support.eset.com/kb2268/

I followed the instructions given on your link in safe mode to uninstall Eset.

1) - The uninstall operation stops at the second command:
Command 1 - Are you sure you wish to continue (y / n) y
Command 2 - Press any key to exit

2) - The PC has not planted (crash) from "safe mode" he returned to Windows without problem.

3) - Bellow is the EsetUninstaller.TXT report deposited on the PC desktop. Notice the phrase "(PC booted from removable media)"

? \ Users \ Setier \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ eset.temp \ {02D83BBE-EBDB-3FAC-01B9-17CDD526D6FF} \ esetuninstaller.exe 8.0.9.0
Input arguments:
ESET Uninstaller 8.0
If this is your first time using this tool, please take a look at the article on our site: https://support.eset.com/kb2289
Warning: This tool will be released in a different way than originally intended. If you have not tried to uninstall using normal methods, please try to uninstall that way before continuing.
Are you sure you wish to continue? (y / n): y
Log file location: ? \ Users \ Setier \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ eset.temp \ {02D83BBE-EBDB-3FAC-01B9-17CDD526D6FF} \ ESETUninstaller.log

3) - Bellow is the screenshot of the uninstall on the PC screen. The phrase "(PC booted from removable media)" is not there

? \ User \ Siter \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ eset.temp \ {O2D83BBE-P558-7189-BB70-12CD0925EAFE} \ esetuninstaller.exe 8.0.9.0
ESET Uninstaller 8.0
If this is your first time using this tool, please take a look at the article on our site: https://support.eset.com/kb2289
Warning: This tool will be released in a different way than originally intended. If you have not tried to uninstall using normal methods, please try to uninstall that way before continuing.
Are you sure you wish to continue? (y / n): y
Log file location: ? \ Users \ Siter \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ eset.temp \ {02D83BBE-F558-7189-BB70- 12CD0925EAFE} \ ESETUninstaller.log

The PC did not crash but the uninstall of Eset stops after the second phase.

I thank you for your altruism and your time.

I am really confused for my English. I hope you can anderstand the explanations.

Regards,
Michel

Edited by Setier

Hello,

Apparently, uninstalling is not Eset's number one concern. The impossibility to install a new version (Example: Eset Smart Security Premium on Eset Smart Security) is not possible on my Windows 7, even in safe mode because of an incomplete uninstallation of the installed software.

I know that protection programs need to become more and more deeply embedded in operating systems, which makes any uninstallation very difficult. (Https://sospc.name/desinstaller-ancien-antivirus/)

After a search, the problem seems well known on the Web but without giving a solution.

What are my possibilities?

- Format: I am organized to manage from the PC all the tasks of the everyday life as well as all my occupations. So I have about sixty main software. It would take me 3 months to adjust each of them again without counting the problems of accounts, licenses and passwords on full versions, updates on software that I use from twenty years for some.

- Change program, I would find the same problems uninstall Eset first.

- Stay with my current configuration. I installed Eset Smart Secrity Premium after an incomplete uninstallation of Eset Smart Security. The new software seems to work but it remains incomplete (No Password Manager or encryption software) and certainly an inadequate reliability.

Would you have a solution ?
Regards
Michel