Jump to content

Remote software repository list is empty


Recommended Posts

When trying to deploy ESET Endpoint AV to a client workstation I noticed the deployment task was telling me that the selected package was not available. Checking the deployment task revealed the "Package to install" list was empty, no changes have been made to ERA since the last successful client deployment. I have ERA v6.5.522 installed and per this KB article I have changed the Repository setting from AUTOSELECT to "hxxp://us-repository.eset.com/v1". Despite this, the repository list remains empty. On the ERA server, if I browse to hxxp://us-repository.eset.com/v1/info.meta manually I am prompted to download the file and there are no custom proxy or firewall settings in the way. This is the first time I'm seeing this issue and I'm not sure what to try next.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Working again for me as well.  I know this has happened in the past once or twice as well but usually it came back quicker.

Is there any suggested remediation when/if this occurs again?  Are you changing the DNS entry of the repo server so we should flush DNS caches or is it some other internal issue where we can't do anything that would help? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, russell_t said:

Working again for me as well.  I know this has happened in the past once or twice as well but usually it came back quicker.

Is there any suggested remediation when/if this occurs again?  Are you changing the DNS entry of the repo server so we should flush DNS caches or is it some other internal issue where we can't do anything that would help? :)

From what I know, ESET servers have static IP's so dns entry wont change nothing. I suggest to stick with autoselect but Im not crew member so I can be wrong. From my point of view I can tell You that Im with ERA 6 almost from first release date, I use ERA as my daily task and I monitor it all the time and from my memory I can read 3 fails of repository (almost 3 years of using it). So its not as bad ..... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • ESET Staff
7 hours ago, satellite360 said:

Repository has been empty for me for several days now.  No change in configuration (set to AUTOSELECT).  Is there a way to resolve as waiting doesn't seem to be helping.

Could you please verify that repository.eset.com is accessible from system where ESMC is installed? Due to performance, new servers were recently added, which might have resulted in change of IP address, or even CDN servers might have been used - any chance you have firewall enabling only connection to specific IP addresses? Also in case ESMC server is configured to use HTTP proxy, please verify it is working correctly.

If none of previous will help, please checks SERVER's trace.log for Errors that might indicate connection/synchronization issues. Repository synchronization is performed automatically every hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MartinK said:

If none of previous will help, please checks SERVER's trace.log for Errors that might indicate connection/synchronization issues. Repository synchronization is performed automatically every hour.

Repository appeared for a while and is now empty again.  Can you clarify which trace.log file should be checked?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please verify that repository.eset.com is accessible from system where ESMC is installed? Due to performance, new servers were recently added, which might have resulted in change of IP address, or even CDN servers might have been used - any chance you have firewall enabling only connection to specific IP addresses? Also in case ESMC server is configured to use HTTP proxy, please verify it is working correctly.

If none of previous will help, please checks SERVER's trace.log for Errors that might indicate connection/synchronization issues. Repository synchronization is performed automatically every hour.

Guessing the following from \ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log might be what you are looking for?

Quote

 

2018-08-29 07:07:22 Information: CRepositoryModule [Thread b64]: Synchronizing with remote repository
2018-08-29 07:07:22 Information: CRepositoryModule [Thread b64]: Synchronizing repository with url 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/'
...

2018-08-29 07:13:35 Error: CRepositoryModule [Thread b64]: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a)
2018-08-29 07:15:17 Error: CRepositoryModule [Thread b64]: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a)

...

2018-08-30 07:23:37 Error: CRepositoryModule [Thread 658]: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Staff
8 hours ago, satellite360 said:

Guessing the following from \ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log might be what you are looking for?

Yes, that is the one.

Error indicates there is problem with download of metadata files. Download seems to be interrupted -> could you please verify HTTP proxy is working properly in case it is used? If there is no proxy, could you specify your location? We are currently working on improving download performance for Japan, Australia, where not optimal connection to US and EU results in similar issues, but mostly when downloading large installers, not when downloading quite small metadata files.

In case you won't be able to resolve this issue by checking relevant network components, please contact ESET support. They will most probably ask for wireshark capture of synchronization attempt, so that it can be analyzed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MartinK said:

Yes, that is the one.

Error indicates there is problem with download of metadata files. Download seems to be interrupted -> could you please verify HTTP proxy is working properly in case it is used? If there is no proxy, could you specify your location? We are currently working on improving download performance for Japan, Australia, where not optimal connection to US and EU results in similar issues, but mostly when downloading large installers, not when downloading quite small metadata files.

In case you won't be able to resolve this issue by checking relevant network components, please contact ESET support. They will most probably ask for wireshark capture of synchronization attempt, so that it can be analyzed.

We are not using HTTP proxy.  Based in Beijing, China.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...