Problem in creating EP6 mirror for offline update

Hi dears,

We want to create ep6 update file for our offline clients that have Endpoint 6.5 but the mirror tools show a problem with creating files.

The miror tools works find with 6.6 update srevers:

The commnad is :

MirrorTool.exe --mirrorType regular --updateServer hxxp://91.228.166.16/eset_upd/ep6 --intermediateUpdateDirectory c:\mirror\tempv6 --offlineLicenseFilename c:\mirror\lic.lf --outputDirectory C:\nginx\html\eset_upd\ep6

Error is :

Error: Perform full mirror failed with error: Unidentified server response. Error code is: 8450
Error occured.

EP6Error.png

• Administrators

Please capture the network communication with Wireshark while running the Mirror tool and provide the generated pcap log for analysis.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:07 PM, Marcos said:

Please capture the network communication with Wireshark while running the Mirror tool and provide the generated pcap log for analysis.

from wireshark it seems that mirror tools want to donwload hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6/dll/update.ver

and this file is not present in eset servers.

wiresahrk_for_Ep6.zip

• ESET Staff

Is there any reason why you are explicitly using specific IP address in mirror tool command? It is possible that specific server is in maintenance or no longer available. I would recommend to use update.eset.com hostname, which will redirect you to working instance.

• Administrators

http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6/dll/update.ver doesn't obviously exist. What exist are folders with update.ver http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6/update.ver and http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6.6/dll/update.ver. Update.eset.com is the default update server from which the initial update.ver is downloaded. I assume the path is hardcoded in the mirror tool and in such case it's incorrect for v6 update files. We'll check it out.

5 hours ago, MartinK said:

Is there any reason why you are explicitly using specific IP address in mirror tool command? It is possible that specific server is in maintenance or no longer available. I would recommend to use update.eset.com hostname, which will redirect you to working instance.

Dear Martink,

The problem is in all ESET servers and as macros said mirror tools has problem with v6 mirror,

when we set V6 update servers it try to load dll/update.ver that is not exist.

this is a bug in mirror tools that must be fixed.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6/dll/update.ver doesn't obviously exist. What exist are folders with update.ver hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6/update.ver and hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/ep6.6/dll/update.ver. Update.eset.com is the default update server from which the initial update.ver is downloaded. I assume the path is hardcoded in the mirror tool and in such case it's incorrect for v6 update files. We'll check it out.

That's right. please report it to development team to correct it.

• ESET Staff

If I recall correctly, latest MirrorTool is actually no longer able to create ep6 mirror -> it was replaced with ep6.6 mirror which should be compatible with 6.6 and older 6.* products. Endpoints v6.5 are not able to update from ep6.6 mirror in your environment?

22 minutes ago, MartinK said:

If I recall correctly, latest MirrorTool is actually no longer able to create ep6 mirror -> it was replaced with ep6.6 mirror which should be compatible with 6.6 and older 6.* products. Endpoints v6.5 are not able to update from ep6.6 mirror in your environment?

Yes the Ep6.6 will create 6.5 and 6.6 update files , But in this case we want to generate only v6.* update from Ep6 that as you said it seems that ep6 update will handle with ep6.6 update because it will create both version