What is the oldest version of NOD32 I can install in Win 7?

Super_Spartan

I am sick of the crappy performance and bugs in NOD32 v7

Ever NOD32 version is worse than the one next

What is the olderst version I can install that will work on Windows 7 x64 and still give me protection? ( I don't care about HIPS)

Also, how can I disable the auto program update I just want definition updates

Version 3 - enjoy

How do I download and install older versions of ESET products?

Version 7 is the most stable and fastest release i have used today. The only issue i have found is with SSL scanning, i could give a rats rear about, turns out thats not even ESET's fault, and it has a very very minimal increased memory print. However 90mb is nothing when i have 4GB available.

There is something else wrong causing your constant issues or slowness. My desktop is blazing fast with nod32 7 and all features enabled.

I use all kinds of programs, and play all kinds of games, with 0 to no issues on my personal at home.

I even have it on a desktop at work and run all kinds of forensic software and data extracting software, including virus removal tools that i create exclusions for, the list is huge.

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

Version 7 was actually released with least bugs reported compared to older versions. Unfortunately, we still don't know what issue you're having with v7 so we couldn't help you resolve it yet.

As for v3, it provides the lowest protection level so I'd never recommend installing it. V4/v5/v6 contain bugs that were addressed in newer versions, hence we always recommend installing the latest one.

V7 is a very stable version IMO. Considering that no new version has been released except the updated EULA build. 

Instead of looking backwards and lose the power of LiveGrid, real-time cloud detections, and anti-phishing updates every 20min, Rapid Response module..............

I would report the bugs to ESET and supply as much info as I possibly can and when they're fixed (if they indeed are bugs) you can enjoy using an outstanding product everyday. 

The least a customer can do is to tell the vendor about whatever problem one may have whether it is performance issues, or bugs, it doesn't matter what it is, let the vendor know and give them a chance to make things right. Why I say this is everytime (the few times I have had problems) I have reported the problem and it have been fixed ASAP.

It's in the vendors interest to fix the problems too since they want happy customers.  :)

Not sad, angry, and disappointed   :( ;)

Edited by SweX

First I cannot say more than my preposter:

Specify your issues BEFORE shouting and screaming.

Secondly I am running ESETs 7.x all all family machines from XP over vista 32/64 up to W8 64 both HD only and SSD from netbook atom to I7.

Plus my customers do so in various private and business environments with no complaints so far ( including VMs ).

The only thing that might be different to your environment: no other security programs on board (except maybe MS security essentials), no other software firewalls etc just plain OS with inbuilt firewall active).

So it could indeed be something very special in your suite of programs ESET has no influence on that might interfere..............

Any chance to post a system log experts could look into ?.....

First I cannot say more than my preposter:

Specify your issues BEFORE shouting and screaming.

Secondly I am running ESETs 7.x all all family machines from XP over vista 32/64 up to W8 64 both HD only and SSD from netbook atom to I7.

Plus my customers do so in various private and business environments with no complaints so far ( including VMs ).

The only thing that might be different to your environment: no other security programs on board (except maybe MS security essentials), no other software firewalls etc just plain OS with inbuilt firewall active).

So it could indeed be something very special in your suite of programs ESET has no influence on that might interfere..............

Any chance to post a system log experts could look into ?.....

All I can say is I now installed Norton Antivirus 2014 and my internet downloads are faster, the fily copy from my SSD to my USB External HDD is faster, the whole system seems more responsive