HIPS cannot communicate with driver

ExaFlop

@Marcos, plese provide a link to 11.2.49. My EAV find this versin as update, but fails to download  - my EAV 11.1.54 returns message:
Product update failed
Communication with driver failed
I'd like to install directly 11.2.49 offline as upgrade or clean install

Edited by ExaFlop

8 hours ago, ExaFlop said:

@Marcos, plese provide a link to 11.2.49. My EAV find this versin as update, but fails to download  - my EAV 11.1.54 returns message:
Product update failed
Communication with driver failed
I'd like to install directly 11.2.49 offline as upgrade or clean install

I'm not a dev, but I believe you won't be able to update until Microsoft fixes their Insider build. It's stopping any related ESET program/file to not be accessible and therefore will always fail until MS fixes.

• Administrators

Version 11.2.49 is currently available only as a program update  for those with pre-release updates enabled. It will be released as an installer within the next few days. Of course, it won't solve issues you are probably having with Windows 10 Insider Preview since it's Windows itself that needs to be updated in order for the issue to go away.

I experience the same on 6.6.x EES. After last build 17713 HIPS stopped working. On some build before, do clean install fix the issue.  I try to manual find any leftover file with ESET certificate and wasn't find any, specially after ESET uninstall tool. No file or driver leftover conflict. This week will get update to Windows, let's hope this will fix issue.

If can help, after install HIPS, Anti-Stealth and Firewall modules doesn't install and work properly. So the problem itself, it's not only about HIPS. It's ESET to be behind MS, can't you make ESET OS independent? I mean program and it's cores to install in way, that OS can't prevent them? I mean before last 17713 ESET goes long time with no HIPS or other driver problems.

I try AVG Internet Security, as activate full 60 trial, and program install itself in Security Center as Firewall and Antivirus just right, and actually have more graphic visuals in Windows Security center, than ESET. It was just for test, because I think Windows Defender Firewall is the issue, but wasn't.

• Administrators

It's ESET to be behind MS

I'm sorry but I don't get this. You have opted for Windows 10 Insider Preview which is a sort of beta version of the Windows 10 operating system and may contain more or less serious bugs. In this case the bug was confirmed by Microsoft and it's not ESET's fault that some components don't work with the IP version you have. As for making a OS independent product that would run on any version of Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, etc. is really impossible.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:33 AM, maintanosgr said:

I just installed build 17713 and the problem persists. Just a heads up

FYI - I've been using VMware Workstation's VMs to test latest Windows 10 builds. The stable Windows 10 build that works with ESET is 17692. That's the build I used as host for all later Windows 10 builds (running as guests)  

Edited by ESETuser1000

@Marcos 

Not all OSes, just independent for Windows 10. This is the future, that will come up in next fall update. And tell you, that it's not only HIPS. | remember, that ESET was with problematic state on first anniversary update and it's always HIPS module, that fail. Now with 17713 changes seems to be too much also for Anti-Stealth and Firewall. I search google and came up this threat, which have similar problem for home products as endpoint one.  

HIPS have major problems, all the time as Windows update in core. Are this module HIPS is so cost effective compared to other  security software? Just for tests now I try different trial products all with firewalls, that install OK with 17713 and this was result only EES 6.6.x fail to integrate and install on this build and this come from maybe it's main module HIPS.

Believe me ESET is like chrome for me, something that know well and something that can't replace. I do this to share  my vision about how looks in my sight. HIPS need tuning ;)

• Administrators

In order

2 hours ago, SimeonGG said:

Not all OSes, just independent for Windows 10. This is the future, that will come up in next fall update. And tell you, that it's not only HIPS. | remember, that ESET was with problematic state on first anniversary update and it's always HIPS module, that fail. Now with 17713 changes seems to be too much also for Anti-Stealth and Firewall. I search google and came up this threat, which have similar problem for home products as endpoint one. 

In order to achieve that, Microsoft would have to stop updating the core of the OS or provide vendors with newer builds in advance and give them time to report bugs, before they make them available to Insider Preview users. I'm sorry, we are not the developer of the OS and fixing bugs in the OS is beyond anyone's capabilities but Microsoft.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, wuyifan said:

Is this problem solved now?

I have no clue since I don't use Windows 10 Insider Preview. If there has been a new IP build released by Microsoft and addressing this issue, someone would have already informed us here I assume.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

I have no clue since I don't use Windows 10 Insider Preview. If there has been a new IP build released by Microsoft and addressing this issue, someone would have already informed us here I assume.

The Insider preview for this past week was not released because of "a blocking bug" It should be addressed for release on 25th with luck. I will be sure to install and advise this forum of the result :)

12 hours ago, Amir Frenkel said:

Updated windows 10 insiders 5 min ago. Today update Version 10.0.17713.1002 -  Nod32 hips does not work.

https://pureinfotech.com/kb4345215-windows-10-build-17713-1002/

This from the Windows Insiders Blog:

UPDATE 7/23: We have released Cumulative Update Build 17713.1002 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This Cumulative Update helps us test the servicing pipeline in preparation for releasing this build to the Slow ring.

This update introduces the following additional known issue:

Windows Defender Application Guard no longer works after installing the Build 17713.1002 Cumulative Update.

Just a tiny update. Still waiting for a new full build release.

Further to ExaFlop's post:

Win 10 Pro Insider Preview SkipAhead Build 18204
Eset EIS 11.2.49

HIPS problem persists.

Win 10 Home Insider Preview Build 17723
Eset EIS 11.2.49

HIPS problem persists.

So, Marcos, you stated ESET are working with Microsoft on this and that this weeks build should have resolved the problem.

Obviously it did not. 

Can you update us please.

Same problem here, with build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551.

I'm not sure it's exclusively a Microsoft error. I was using Eset on some of the other builds posted in this thread and didn't have an issue so......

Posted it on a new thread, didn't know there was another one https://forum.eset.com/topic/16212-eset-not-working/

FYI - I just update my VM with  the brand new Windows 10 Redstone 6 Build 18204. ESET does not work with this Skip Ahead RS6 either. It looks to me like we have to wait for a stable retail-release version of W10 to see if ESET will work. It may be a LOOOOONG wait.  See the lower right corner of the attached picture for the Build 18204 RS6. 

Build 18204 RS6 Annotation2.jpg

• Administrators

Since Insider Preview builds are a kind of beta versions, one must take into account that newer IP builds may introduce new issues. These builds should not be used on production systems where stability and security matters. We don't recommend using pre-release updates on critical systems either. If you want to use a stable system, use standard Windows 10 builds where both Microsoft and 3rd party vendors declare 100% compatibility.

Hi, in my case I understand there are incompatibilities and stuff but there are also features I need more than any single A/V product, like Wsl's continued improvement in the insider builds which increases my productivity. 

I also don't mind reinstalling my A/V and use whichever works best on any current build. I moved from bitdefender to Kav and to Eset lately as needed and vice versa

I'm just trying to see if I should wait on Eset in case there's a fix inbound or just switch to another that's working  till it is ready and continue my cycle. 

By no means do I want to offend or try to rush you. 

From your response I gather there's no available eta or timeframe?

Kind regards