Password Protection on Scanning Eset Endpoint Security

When Computer Scanning or USB Scanning is  going on ,  User can easily cancel the Scanning task via GUI. So, is there any possibility that we can set password for it, and when user try to stop  the scanning task it will ask for the password ?

Thanks,

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Amity_Support said:

When Computer Scanning or USB Scanning is  going on ,  User can easily cancel the Scanning task via GUI. So, is there any possibility that we can set password for it, and when user try to stop  the scanning task it will ask for the password ?

You can already control if scheduled scans can be paused by the user or not:

image.png

• Administrators

If a user runs a scan, there's no sense in not allowing him or her to stop it or pause it. As for preventing users from pausing or stopping removable media scans, it's not currently possible. Since such scans may take really long (even hours) and may have a noticeable impact on performance, I'm not sure if it would be ok to prevent users from pausing or stopping them.

• ESET Insiders

Dear Marcos,

Thanks for reply but I am IT-admin in organization and we have 800 eset client . some time its necessary to scan all system when  more system getting infected or in case of infection which spared in network or user use infected pen drive  without scanning. 

now in this case If a user run a scan he do not need to stop scanning but what if It-admin run system scan and user stop scanning or use pen drive without scanning ( or stop automatic Device scan).

Just think twice some time we need control on scanning so we need password protection for preventing users from pausing or stopping removable media scans.

As you say Since such scans may take really long (even hours) and may have a noticeable impact on performance. in this case below suggest scheduled scans is not good because i don't have stop scanning option.

By providing password protection for scanning make it fixable.

thanks and regards,

Harshad Mistry

• ESET Insiders
On 6/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, Marcos said:

You can already control if scheduled scans can be paused by the user or not:

image.png

And also action cannot be cancelled by user is only activate if we select action after scan. (like shutdown. hibernate, sleep) so it is not useful if we want to perform scanning in working environment. because it disturbing user work.  

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, amityservice said:

And also action cannot be cancelled by user is only activate if we select action after scan. (like shutdown. hibernate, sleep) so it is not useful if we want to perform scanning in working environment. because it disturbing user work.  

I don't understand. For scheduled on-demand scans you can allow/disallow users to pause and even cancel scans. We give admins an option to choose if users should be allowed to pause or cancel running scans. Of course, if you choose that the action cannot be canceled by the user then users won't be able to cancel it.

• ESET Insiders

Thanks for replay.

I am talking about  action cannot be cancelled by user. and this option only activate when i select after scan option ((like shutdown. hibernate, sleep).

If I want to scheduled on-demand scans with action cannot be cancelled by user in organization working hour. i am not able to do this because I must select option ((like shutdown. hibernate, sleep). and at the end of scanning system will shutdown. hibernate or sleep. user might be lost his data and disturb in their work.

Thanks and regards,

Harshad Mistry

• Administrators

If you don't want any action to be taken at the end of the scan, select "No action" in the above screen.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you don't want any action to be taken at the end of the scan, select "No action" in the above screen.

If We Choose " No Action " then  "Action can not be cancellet by user " tab won't be gray out.. We Have to select rest of option in " No Action " Tab.

marcos.png.9ad1b32367b6c74da2777baa91f8b1c1.png

So, There should be option that We can enable the option " Action Cannot be Cancelled by user" tab via selecting "No Action".

image.png.58f80abc58fb98cbacd92a9a1699e0ee.png

If We Choose "No Action" then "Action cannot be cancelled by user" tab won't be gray out. This is likely to be bug  or that type of settings added in this option .