Firewall - Continuous Prompt VPN

I use a VPN software. Each time it launches it has a couple prompt by the interactive firewall. I tried to 'Create a rule and remember permanetly,' however even still the firewall with prompt for permissions. This scenario is not surprising because the external IP of the provider could change, maybe also the PID, and ruby.exe (maybe this gets created each time it launches in appdate/temp. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this or has been able to make a permanent rule for VPN software. I suspect it is not possible. 

Create a firewall rule to allow all inbound and outbound traffic from the executable associated the VPN. Then move it to the top of the existing rule set.

If the VPN processing is dynamically creating randomly named child processes in %LocalAppData%\Temp directory and then attempting Internet connections from those processes, it would be impossible to manually create any Eset firewall rules for like activity. You only option then would be to switch the firewall to allow all outbound processing.

Thank you itman. It is a dynamic program & external IP. I didn't think there was a way, but wanted to ask the community before I dismiss a solution.

• 1 month later...