Can ESET remove e-mail viruses from IMAP server

Hi!

I wonder if ESET can also remove e-mail viruses from the IMAP server. My first tests with an IMAP account in Outlook 2016 did not work, i.e. ESET disinfects the e-mail but if you open it from another client the virus is still there because it remains on the server. So it looks like it is not removed on the IMAP server but only locally.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Anguel

2 minutes ago, Anguel said:

I wonder if ESET can also remove e-mail viruses from the IMAP server.

Note from a client device running Eset Endpoint software.

• Administrators

Did you try disabling IMAP(S) scanning and leaving only Outlook plug-in enabled? What IMAP server do you use?

1 hour ago, Anguel said:

Sorry, I don't understand the reply :-(

I assumed the IMAP server was not part of your local network. In other words, you are receiving e-mail from an e-mail provider; AOL, Google, etc..  If the IMAP server is locally based, is the appropriate Eset File/Mail Server software installed on it? 

The IMAP server is external, I just get the mail from there. But it looks like I got it to work now, maybe the PC restart also helped. Now ESET moves the virus e-mails correctly to the infected folder. Very good, Kaspersky cannot do this.

What confused me in addition is the fact that it looks like Outlook does not support IMAP IDLE (IMAP push) on Windows but this is supported on Mac). This means no immediate notifications when new mail arrives... So only if the Inbox folder is selected (which is not the case if I am working with my Exchange account at the same time) only then Outlook receives new mail. A small workaround is setting the poll interval to 1 minute:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/check-for-new-email-frequency

It is still not optimal, but it seems to be a stupid Microsoft issue.

Edited by Anguel