emailed password is simply " - " and doesn't work

jdukky
Go to solution Solved by jdukky,

After registering the key, the email from ESET has my user id but the password is just " - "

When I put this in the activation window for username and password, it says on the next screen, "Product Activated," but the credentials are rejected once I try to update the virus definitions.

I submitted a lost info request through the ESET website on Dec. 19th, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Any advice?

Hello :)

So you did get the username just fine, but no password expect the " - " where the password should be in the email?

In anycase wait till an ESET official responds to the thread.

Hello :)

So you did get the username just fine, but no password expect the " - " where the password should be in the email?

In anycase wait till an ESET official responds to the thread.

yup, the user id looks like what a computer generated user id would look like :)

but the password was just " - "

So your saying the email you received looked like this :

Thank you!

Your order, pursuant to the below specification was received and processed. Please, double check the information received to ensure timeliness of our services and customers satisfaction.

UserName:Password=EAV-0101010101:-
PurchaseOption: New License
TypeOfPlatform: ESET NOD32 Antivirus
TypeOf_License: 1
Clients_name: jdukky

Please verify, thanks.

So your saying the email you received looked like this :

Thank you!

Your order, pursuant to the below specification was received and processed. Please, double check the information received to ensure timeliness of our services and customers satisfaction.

UserName:Password=EAV-0101010101:-

PurchaseOption: New License

TypeOfPlatform: ESET NOD32 Antivirus

TypeOf_License: 1

Clients_name: jdukky

Please verify, thanks.

The email says:

Product name:     ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Number of licenses:     1 computer(s)

Expiration date:     24-08-2018

Username:     EAV[snip]

Password:     -

• Solution

My first time filling out a lost license request on the ESET page yielded no email.  I did it again tonight and I got an email within 5 minutes with a password.  Thx.

My first time filling out a lost license request on the ESET page yielded no email.  I did it again tonight and I got an email within 5 minutes with a password.  Thx.

Very nice, maybe something went wrong the first time for whatever reason, but great that it worked out fine the second time anyway :)