ESET NOD32 for Linux Desktop version 4.0.87.0 crashes browsers and applications

Hello Eset Team

Unfortunately, the new version of Eset 4.0.87 crashes all browsers and some applications on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. What a disappointment (!)

First I applied the update and locked everything, removed the antivirus and reinstalled the new version where the same thing remains.

I had to remove the antivirus to be able to use the microcomputer.

Following are images of the errors:

I urge you to solve this problem (!)

5b096858a41de_Capturadeecrde2018-05-2610-26-21.thumb.png.f89482fbc5ff38ad8da125504ca462ba.png

5b096869635c7_Capturadeecrde2018-05-2610-32-25.thumb.png.1cebd8da136b323e307c199ed67e3f70.png

5b0968961f702_Capturadeecrde2018-05-2610-45-39.thumb.png.265734dcc4477b68ca0685f02b78b051.png

5b09683da98db_Capturadeecrde2018-05-2610-45-39.thumb.png.c1628f7e499adaf20a8bca4db16ef684.png

I thank you for your attention

Serial.com

Hello,

I use Linux Mint 18.3 kernel 4.15.0.22 on Cinnamon 3.67
Version 4.0.83 is ok
Version 4.0.85 is ok
Version 4.0.87 is KO crash cinnamon on reboot

Edited by Markco

Waiting for a solution to this problem (!)

ESET NOD32 for Linux Desktop version 4.0.87.0 crashes browsers and applications

Serial.com

The same problem for me.

I'm using Debian Stretch (9.4) / Gnome.

- Firefox 64-bit 60.0.1 crashes;

- Opera 53.0.2907.68: it does not start;

- Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit): it does not start.

With ESET NOD32 version 4.0.85.0 all browsers run fine.

Thank you.

Can someone post a link for Version 4.0.85 please?

EDIT: I already found it by myself. For your info: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/linux/v4/4.0.85/eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

EDIT2: I can confirm that Version 4.0.85.0 is working fine.

Edited by Bigdaddy

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

one of our tech. support engineers was able to reproduce the issue so we asked the development team to investigate it.

We will let you know, once we will have a solution for this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, P.R.

4 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

one of our tech. support engineers was able to reproduce the issue so we asked the development team to investigate it.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

Hello Peter Randziak

Thank you very much for your attention and we look forward to a solution soon.

In the meantime, we will be using the previous version 4.0.85.0 which so far is apparently working perfectly.

Strong hug

Serial.com

11 hours ago, Jônisson said:

Boa noite!

Eu também estou tendo o mesmo problema.

Olá Jônisson

Segundo a equipe de moderadores do Forum, o problema foi identificdo pela equipe de técnicos da ESSET, porém, pediram para que aguardassemos pela solução.

É o que sei até o momento.

Não existe outra solução se não aguardar resposta.

Obrigado por também informar e ajudar para quem sabe a solução venha mais rápida.

Serial.com

Hello Jonisson

According to the moderators of the Forum, the problem was identified by the team of ESSET technicians, however, they asked us to wait for the solution.

That's what I know so far.

There is no other solution if you do not wait for a response.

Thanks for also informing and helping for those who know the solution come faster.

Serial.com

Same problem as well, eset service need to be stopped to get my apps running again

redhat Linux 4.14.18

also 4.0.87 is incredibly slowing the system down comparing to 4.0.85

Edited by intika

Same problem here on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. Unfortunately, I reinstalled my entire system thinking it was something I screwed up in Ubuntu before realizing on the new install that ESET was actually causing the problem.

In the meantime, does anyone know if/where 4.0.85.0 can still be downloaded from?

Edited by last_ship

6 minutes ago, last_ship said:

Same problem here on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. Unfortunately, I reinstalled my entire system thinking it was something I screwed up in Ubuntu before realizing on the new install that ESET was actually causing the problem.

In the meantime, does anyone know if/where 4.0.85.0 can still be downloaded from?

Hello people

The problem still persists and the only thing we can do and expect the goodwill of the Eset technicians on this eighth day of the problem without solution.

In the meantime, use version 4.0.85.0 that can be downloaded from this link below, if we can still trust your products:

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/linux/v4/4.0.85/eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

Serial.com

1 minute ago, Serial.com said:

Hello people

The problem still persists and the only thing we can do and expect the goodwill of the Eset technicians on this eighth day of the problem without solution.

In the meantime, use version 4.0.85.0 that can be downloaded from this link below, if we can still trust your products:

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/linux/v4/4.0.85/eset_nod32av_64bit_en.linux

Serial.com

Thanks for the download link

On 5/30/2018 at 4:57 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

So what is the status on this?  I JUST renewed and need a specific and meaningful reply to this within 48 hours, or a refund.  Thanks.

To my great disappointment Eset is apparently not capable or willing to fix this very serious bug within a reasonable period of time. Linux users are neither third-class customers nor supplicants who spend weeks waiting for the goodwill of a manufacturer to fix bugs that prevent the proper use of the program and even the whole computer. I'm going to take the consequences out of this and remove this blatantly flawed piece of software from my PCs. My license is still valid until the end of March 2019, but I gladly accept those frustrated expenses as long as I do not have to bother with Nod32 anymore.

Edited by Schlangenöl

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I may assure you that the dev team is looking into the issue with a priority, we responded to the other thread as well https://forum.eset.com/topic/15369-multiple-problems-with-ubuntu-version-1804-lts-using-unity-or-gnome/?tab=comments#comment-77595

Sadly investigation, fixing and testing the solution for this issue is not matter of minutes, nor hours.

Until we release the fixed version, you may use the previous one, which does not have such issue reported.

Thank you for understanding, P.R.

1 hour ago, plittlefield said:

+1

I am uninstalling 4.87 now.

I wonder

If this version 4.0.87.0 for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop and ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop Business Edition occurs with the same problem, because nobody takes steps to remove it from the list of available downloads and puts the previous version 4.0.85.0 until they find a solution to this problem? Would not that be the best thing to do?

How many customers and users will still have to go through this?

Serial.com

• Administrators

We have prepared a new version 4.0.88 which addresses the issue. It hasn't been thoroughly tested by QA yet but we've installed it on Ubuntu 18.04 x64 and didn't notice any issues with browsers. It will undergo QA testing soon and then will be released for the public.

In the mean time, you can download a 64-bit installer from here.

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

We have prepared a new version 4.0.88 which addresses the issue. It hasn't been thoroughly tested by QA yet but we've installed it on Ubuntu 18.04 x64 and didn't notice any issues with browsers. It will undergo QA testing soon and then will be released for the public.

In the mean time, you can download a 64-bit installer from here.

It's not just browsers, which has already been stated in the tickets. Your reply only mentions the proposed fix "didn't notice any issues with browsers".  It's also crashing the desktop (cinnamon desktop - linux mint, and others).   I hope that is being addressed.  The amount of difficulty this has caused me is significant. Do you have any idea how much time it took to isolate this and identify Eset as the issue??