request for another update solution

about ESET Client Update, is that any solution to update?

such as making an executing package file to extract in target machine or special folder

in my mind, i'm comparing ESET with McAfee® antivirus.

you download a DAT file (product updates)  and exec on target, then update will apply automatically.

any helpful comment will be appreciated :)

• Administrators

I, for one, don't see any sense in pushing the mirror content to clients and then forcing them to update from it. If you have a mirror created, you can can use a policy or push a configuration to clients that will point them to update from it. 

I, for one, don't see any sense in pushing the mirror content to clients and then forcing them to update from it. If you have a mirror created, you can can use a policy or push a configuration to clients that will point them to update from it. 

i'm searching for alternate update solution for updating in wide range and location & branch

Edited by UnDocumented

You can create mirror

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN852

this is in case when You use ESET Remote Administrator, but mirror can be created by EES/EEA client also

according to this solution , 
can I manage the branch office computers from headquarter?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

if the clients have connectivity to the server located in the headquarters than you can manage them from single console.

The possibilities of updating are quite wide:

1. updating from ESET update infrastructure (in case the clients have of connectivity to the Internet)

2. Updating from central headquarters mirror ( in case ofconnectivity via VPN)

3. Updating from local branch mirror servers (the local servers can be again updated from ESET update infrastructure or your company central headquarters mirror)

You can even configure dual update profile - notebooks can be updated from local mirror and in case of missing connectivity they can be updated from ESET's servers