Anti-phishing protection and network protection non functiional after 11.1.54.0 release

Panais666

After I upgraded to the 11.1.54.0 version of NOD32 antivirus i got two notifications:

1. Anti-Phishing protection does not function.

2. Internet filtering protocol and mail filtering does not function

(I have greek interface, and that is the reason the above may not be exactly translated as the english version)

I tried switching both the functions on via the eset menu, but no luck. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- temporarily uninstall EAV and installing ESET Internet Security
- enable advanced logging in the main gui -> Help and support -> Details for customer care
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and providing us with the generated archive
- in the main gui -> help and support click Change product and select ESET NOD32 Antivirus after we find out the root cause of the issue.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, the relevant log contained too little information for some reason. Try creating advanced logs again but wait at least 2-3 minutes after Windows starts before you disable advanced logging. It will be enough to provide just EPFW.etl from the C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics folder.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Jüri said:

I have same problem and my collector data is here

If possible, temporarily uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus, install ESET Internet Security (EIS) and activate a trial version. With EIS installed, enable creation of advanced logs as follows:

image.png

Next reboot the machine. After the reboot, disable logging and gather logs with ESET Log Collector again. After we have pinpointed the issue, you can downgrade to EAV through "Change product" in the "Help and support" section and reactivate it using your paid license by clicking "Change license" and entering your license key.

• Administrators

Now both \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\epfwwfpr.sys and \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\epfwwfp.sys are loaded for some reason which is not good.

Please try the following:
- uninstall EIS
- run the Uninstall tool in safe mode
- install EIS from scratch