[Win 10 & 8.1] What causes this border/shadow glitch?

I first encounter this issue way back 8.1 was still a brand new OS. I tried different AV's from time to time and I recently went back again to ESET. I just cant believe that this issue still persist. As far as I know "Internet Download Manager" has this issue and they were able to fix it. Having said that, it's not a Windows 10/8.1 issue but from the program itself.

436082-multiple-notifications.jpg

Believe the OP is referring to the faint shadow surrounding the alert box.

I just forced an Eset alert and it doesn't show on my Win 10 1803 desktop screen. However, I am using the default Win 10 background which is not a solid blue color as shown in the OP's screen shot. So the desktop background used might have something to do with the issue.

I am somewhat at a loss as to why this would be a concern.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

If it's really the shadow that concerns the OP, I'm getting it on any context menu so it doesn't appear to be related to ESET only.

38 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If it's really the shadow that concerns the OP, I'm getting it on any context menu so it doesn't appear to be related to ESET only.

He might also be referring to the red border around the alert window. It is not evenly spaced around the edges; note the wider left border. This behavior doesn't occur on my PC.

My best guess its related to his graphics card perhaps.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, itman said:

He might also be referring to the red border around the alert window. It is not evenly spaced around the edges; note the wider left border.

The alert is like that by design. I get the same with v11.1.