Sign in to follow this  
LinkinForcer

PUP Detection Everytime?

Hey guys,

So today I ran a scan with ESET and I constantly get 3 warnings everytime. One is for Win32/SmartFileAdvisor.B potentially unwanted program and the other two are for Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe program. They are all tied back to the MBAM Service that is run by Malwarebytes. Even after cleaning them and ESET reporting that they were cleaned by deleting them they seem to get caught again by ESET during another scan after a restart or after shutting the computer down and then turning it back on. 

Are these files false positives? They didn’t show up until after I installed Google Chrome from what I can tell. 

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

It's highly unlikely they would be false positives. Please post the appropriate records from the Detected threats log.

I’m not going to be able to upload the files. I was told that AdwCleaner should take care of this issue for me though. I’m going to try that when I get home. I’m just not sure why the files are being linked back to a file path that is located inside the MBAM Service folder for the Malwarebytes install.