Problem in Exculsions

repenter
Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

Hello guys

This is the problem I have : I exclude some files from scanning but eset move them to quarantine. 
The files are crack and patches for games, for example NFS Rivals patch and crack.

Can I force eset not to scan them? Or is there any third party software that i can install and dont allow eset to scan them?

Just excluding files from scanning will only protect them from your scans, and possibly real-time protection.

Adding them to exclusions under the Antivirus and Antispyware tree alone will not do you justice as the files will still be caught by memory scanner , HIPS, or protocol filtering.

You would need to enter HIPS, and Configure rules, add the application.

Then enter Protocol Filtering > Excluded Applications, and enter your program or file there.

These settings are found in the Advanced setup menu (F5 from main GUI).

Thanx a lot for ur response Arakasi, just 1 point that I didnt get.

Eset move these file to quarantine, NFS14.3DM.DLL (And the exe file is NFS14.exe)

1- I opened HIPS

Filtering mode=>Automatic, I entered configure rules, clicked on New, Add both of them, (In HIPS system settings management, the action for both of them are Allow)

2- I opened protocal filtering=>Excluded applications,Add both of them.

but Eset moved again NFS14.3DM.DLL to quarantine. Did I miss sth? 

Try adding the entire directory of your contents.

Wildcards * can be used in some circumstances. :)

If you really start to struggle you can change the way ESET cleans and informs you.

F5 (main GUI) > Computer > Antivirus and antispyware >Real-time file system protection > ThreatSense engine parameter setup

choose Cleaning

change the cleaning level.

I do not recommend this last option unless you absolutely have to.

If you really start to struggle you can change the way ESET cleans and informs you.

F5 (main GUI) > Computer > Antivirus and antispyware >Real-time file system protection > ThreatSense engine parameter setup

choose Cleaning

I did this, but now eset alert me about that file and it said UNABLE TO CLEAN. (as u said this is not convenient for real trojans and viruses)

Wildcards * can be used in some circumstances.  :)

Do u mean use wildcards in exculsions? because i also did this (C:\Program Files (x86)\Need For Speed Rivals*) it didnt work.

And if u mean use wildcards in HIPS, actually I cant enter wildcards in that part, it should be a file. same as excluded applications  :(

• Solution

choose Cleaning

I did this, but now eset alert me about that file and it said UNABLE TO CLEAN. (as u said this is not convenient for real trojans and viruses)

Wildcards * can be used in some circumstances.  :)

Do u mean use wildcards in exculsions? because i also did this (C:\Program Files (x86)\Need For Speed Rivals*) it didnt work.

And if u mean use wildcards in HIPS, actually I cant enter wildcards in that part, it should be a file. same as excluded applications  :(

By wildcards i mean like this:

C:\Program Files\*.exe - every file type of exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe.* - every file type with Adobe as the name of the program ( adobe.exe, adobe.pdf )

C:\Program Files\*.* - Every single file including folders located in the Program Files directory.

Thanx a lot  :) 
It works, so i entered my wildcard in a wrong way. I should use C:\Program Files (x86)\Need For Speed Rivals\*.*

instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Need For Speed Rivals*

I appreciate a lot 4 ur time 2 guide me Arakasi  ^_^