windows 10 spring update

eset v.11.1.54.0  internet security , was working ok with windows 10 , but after updated to windows 10 spring ………...protection stop working and have to restart PC.

Please what should I do...……??

• ESET Insiders
14 hours ago, voyageur2180 said:

eset v.11.1.54.0  internet security , was working ok with windows 10 , but after updated to windows 10 spring ………...protection stop working and have to restart PC.

Please what should I do...……??

This version support RS4 Windows 10 update. What kind of issue do you have? Explain exactly.

I re-install Eset internet security………….so far ,so good………..I will posted back if the problem appear………….

thank you…………...I appreciated.

I can say that it seems like every time Windows does any kind of "major" update, it completely screws up my EIS requiring me to unistall and reinstall in order to get everything working properly again. Antivirus seems to be fine, but my problem is always with the firewall. Rules no longer working, being ignored, and loss of all local file and printer sharing, just to name a few of the issues. Even turning off and on the file and printer sharing setting in EIS does no good. I've even tried to create a new "Trusted Network" and that was fruitless as well.

I'm blocking the latest Windows update for the time being, as it has created too many problems (not with EIS, just in general) for many people. I'm waiting until they iron out a few of the bugs first. Hopefully I won't be in for a full reinstall once again, like every time in the past.

Dear ESET administrators, dear members of this forum,

After Windows 10 Spring Creators Update my Eset Endpoint Antivirus 6.6.2072.1 isn't working. It shows the messages about serious problems and that Antivirus scan programs can not be iniciated and the antivirus modules too.

I was trying to repair the ESET program. It asked me for a installer file... so I Canceled ( :rolleyes: ) it and after it the Antivirus started to work again......... till the next PC reboot :(

All previous ESET Antivirus Endpoint programs were fine and the version 6.6.2072.1 - also, but after the Spring Creators update - it stopped.

I know, I should COMPLETELY re-install this Antivirus version, and, maybe, this error will stop, but member "FeMaster" is right - "Hopefully I won't be in for a full reinstall once again, like every time in the past.".

If you want, you can read more ^_^ :

I buy Eset products for my own computers, even for my family smartphones.

My work is with the computers. All computers have Eset Endpoint Antivirus. I do all the Windows 10 updates by manually installing them after working hours. People who works with these computers don't want to know anything about the updates or why sometimes their computers are so slow :D (updates do eat some PC resources).

Anyway, all PC's after Windows 10 Spring Update worked fine, and the Eset Endpoint Antivirus too. Only one computer showed me this error and sometimes one error message can really make you mad :blink:

Though, I hope, in future will be much less dificulties to fix that kind of problems (like solving Antivirus problems after just PC reboot :lol: ). I do like jokes, but I don't like computer viruses, so, please, ESET team, BRING THE BRIGHT LIGHT TO LIFE :)

2018-05-08 Antivirus.jpg

2018-05-08 Message.jpg

50 % of my windows 10 is 32-bit, other 50 % - 64-bit.

[SOLVED - NO]

I had the error with windows 10 is 32-bit.

I have reinstaled ESET Endpoint antivirus, and there was no problem. I didn't remove the Antivirus, just downloaded the new version - Eset Endpoint Antivirus 6.6.2072.4 (was  Eset Endpoint Antivirus 6.6.2072.1).

[NOT SOLVED]

After a few hours it stoped with the same problem.

2018-05-08 Antivirus OK.jpg

[NOT SOLVED]

After a few hours it stoped with the same problem.

Edited by Romas

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do all of you have Windows 10 32-bit installed?

I do have 32 bit PC...…….and still have the problem even after a re-install EIS...……..

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, voyageur2180 said:

I do have 32 bit PC...…….and still have the problem even after a re-install EIS...……..

Does the error / issue occur right after Windows starts up or only later after an update? Please post a screen shot of the Memory pane in Task manager -> Performance tab.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does the error / issue occur right after Windows starts up or only later after an update? Please post a screen shot of the Memory pane in Task manager -> Performance tab.

The error appeared for me too just after the Spring Creators update.

The error reapeared after I have reinstalled to a new version of Endpoint antivirus (see my comments before).

I am posting a screen of the Memory pane (you have asked to do it for voyageur2180 member). My Windows 10 is 32-bit PC (see, if it helps.. if not - ask for more details).

New Picture (1).jpg

New Picture.jpg

Since there have been multiple postings about Eset NOD32/Endpoint memory issues as a result of x(86) Win 10 1803 upgrade, I think it's time to experiment. Here's my recommendation.

See what your current page file i.e. virtual memory settings are set to. I recommend for starters that a fixed amount of disk space be allocated, i.e. min and max amounts are same. The amount allocated should be 2X your physical memory size, e.g. 4 GB of physical memory would result in a min. and max. page file size of 8 GB.

Report back if this fixes the Eset issues.

Edited by itman

Another point to note is Microsoft changed memory management in Win 10 that in effect makes the increase in page file fix minimally effective:

How Windows 10 Handles Memory Management

Windows 10 still uses a pagefile when it has to. However, now when your computer’s memory starts to fill up, Windows 10 will start compressing old pages of memory so they take up less space, similar to what happens when you create a ZIP archive of multiple files. So, for example, if you have an app running that you haven’t touched in a while, rather than copying the information about that app to your hard drive, Windows will simply make it smaller, but keep it in memory.

https://lifehacker.com/why-is-windows-10s-system-process-using-so-much-ram-1725076206

It would not surprise in the least with all the 1803 upgrade issues reported to date that Microsoft somehow managed to "bork" x(86) memory management in it.

Edited by itman

I am having the same problem...since the Windows 10 Spring update I keep receiving critical error messages when initializing the anti-virus protection. My Windows 10 is running under the latest version of Parallels Desktop on my iMac. I am using the German version of Internet Security. I have uninstalled and re-installed without any success.

Fehlermeldung (German).PNG

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DougiS said:

I am having the same problem...since the Windows 10 Spring update I keep receiving critical error messages when initializing the anti-virus protection. My Windows 10 is running under the latest version of Parallels Desktop on my iMac. I am using the German version of Internet Security. I have uninstalled and re-installed without any success.

Would it be possible to provide us with the VM image for the time necessary to debug the issue? Afterwards we would dispose of it.

I everyone,

Itman talk about memory...………… I found that was a good idea to try, so I did it , but with a little  difference, I change to the recommended amounts of memories and up to now

the problem did'n come back...……………..keep crossing my fingers lol !

Thank to Itman and Marcos for your patience and help...…………..

[SOLVED]

I agree with the "itman". Changing the memory to a system fixed amount SOLVES this Antivirus Error.

Solvation Quote:

On 2018-05-08 at 11:08 PM, itman said:

Since there have been multiple postings about Eset NOD32/Endpoint memory issues as a result of x(86) Win 10 1803 upgrade, I think it's time to experiment. Here's my recommendation.

See what your current page file i.e. virtual memory settings are set to. I recommend for starters that a fixed amount of disk space be allocated, i.e. min and max amounts are same. The amount allocated should be 2X your physical memory size, e.g. 4 GB of physical memory would result in a min. and max. page file size of 8 GB.

Report back if this fixes the Eset issues.

2018-05-10 SOLVED.JPG

2 hours ago, Romas said:

I agree with the "itman". Changing the memory to a system fixed amount SOLVES this Antivirus Error

Appears you allocated the entire Win 10 1803 page file to a drive other than its installation drive location.

I haven't updated myself in regards to Win 10 particulars but for past Win OSes, it was always recommended to allocate a small page; e.g. 300 MB or so, to the OS boot drive in addition to the primary page file allocation on another non-OS boot drive. Also when doing the primary page file allocation to a secondary non-OS boot, it should be:

1. A separate physical local drive and not a secondary partition on the OS boot drive.

2. The drive should be equal or faster in speed than the OS drive.

-EDIT-

Yes, the 300 MB page file recommendation for a page file on Win 10 boot drive still applies when the primary page file is located on a secondary drive:

Better yet, if you have multiple physical drives -- not just multiple partitions of a single drive -- you can increase system speed by splitting the paging file across two drives. Allocate about 300 MB of the paging file to the system drive, select the second drive in the Virtual Memory dialog box, set the initial size and maximum size values and click Set.

https://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/tip/Make-Windows-10-performance-sing-by-tweaking-RAM-service-settings

Edited by itman

I have had both the 32-bit final release and the 64-bit final release of v1803 issued to the ring for two weeks. I have upgraded about 10 64-bit machines and 5 32-bit machines. Every single 64-bit machine is just fine. Every 32-bit machine - the antivirus is broken. I even did a clean install of v1803 on a new hard drive and did nothing but install Nod32 antivirus. Instantly broken. Nothing fixes it. Not playing with virtual memory size. Not completely disabling Windows Defender through Group Policy on the Pro machines. Not disabling Defender with registry entries on the Home Edition. Nothing fixes it. I even let a Eset technician log onto to one of the 32-bit machines. He did quite a few things, including placing Nod32 in the pre-release update channel. These machines always work for a short period of time. Nod32 fails on some instantly. On some within an hour. Some might work for several hours but the fatal error always arrives.

EDIT: The pre-release version of Nod32 is not the answer either. It started pushing error messages a few hours after install.

At this point, I'd take any new suggestion anyone has.

I'm not a newbie and I'm not afraid to tinker. I've been a network engineer for a very long time so whatever might work I'm willing to try. I've been using eset products for a dozen or more years so I know the product pretty well. In the meantime, I'm going to give eset techs another crack at one of these.

To recap:

64-bit = 100% success

32-bit = 100% failure

Edited by WhiskeyRiver

• Administrators

Could you try installing KB4103721 on 1 pc and see if it resolves the issue? Please let us know about your findings.

KB4103721 is in stalled on all of the 32-bit v1803 machines.

EDIT: I should point out to others that KB4103721 shows up as 2018-05 Cumulative Update.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver

I should add one more thing to ponder. I have a client with a 32-Bit Windows 7 machine. He's having the same issue. I haven't seen the machine yet but it's apparently the same error message.

• Administrators

One more thing to try - temporarily disable protected service in the HIPS setup and reboot the machine. Does that make a difference?