Antivirus function not functional

ddinc

After the last Windows 10 spring update I get"Antivirus function not functional  most of the AV modules will not function properly"

After a reboot it turns to normal...but after a while the same error

NOD32 AV 11.1.42.1

• Administrators

First of all, please upgrade to the latest v11.1.54. Should the issue persist, gather logs with ELC and drop me a private message with the generated archive attached.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

First of all, please upgrade to the latest v11.1.54. Should the issue persist, gather logs with ESET Log Collector and drop me a private message with the generated archive attached.

thanks.upgraded.ok at this moment

Program occured again.

Log collector produces damaged 0 MB file

Edited by ddinc

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, ddinc said:

Log collector produces damaged 0 MB file

Right click the tray icon and temporarily Pause protection, then try running ESET Log Collector again.

• Administrators

Are you getting the error "Virus scanner initialization failed" even after a computer restart? I'm asking cause your system has been running for more that 24 hours and you have 32-bit Windows 10 installed.

My system has been running only for  3  hours !

After reboot it is ok.....for an hour or so...then again the alert

• Administrators

I wrote that based on the logs you provided: System Uptime (DD:HH:MM:SS)="01:02:11:29".

You have quite many applications installed and only 4 GB of RAM, especially due to 32-bit Windows so the memory may get too fragmented sooner or later.  I'd try uninstalling (at least temporarily) unnecessary applications. Installing additional RAM is not an option without migrating to an x64 OS. A complete memory dump would be needed to find out what is causing the fragmentation. To continue troubleshooting, please contact your local customer care.

You can also try running a memory defragmentater tool when the issue occurs.

I run memory hungr applications without any problems since many years.

This is definitely not a memory issue.

Anyway thanks

• Administrators

You can provide a complete memory dump so that we can check it out. Although you seem to have a plenty of memory available, the question is if the largest block that is available is enough or if the memory is too fragmented. Normally I'd recommend installing additional RAM modules but since you have a 32-bit OS, this won't help because of the 4 GB limitation.

You can try this:

1. Registry Hack:

• Hit Win Key + R
  • Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
  • Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
  • Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
  • Restart the computer

Depending on the PC configuration, Win shutdown can be delayed for a few minutes. After restarting the PC, ensure you reset  ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’  key back to its default value of 0; i.e. zero.

Normally, memory fragmentation should not be a problem w/4GB of memory unless some program is leaking memory.

Edited by itman

10 hours ago, itman said:

You can try this:

Depending on the PC configuration, Win shutdown can be delayed for a few minutes. After restarting the PC, ensure you reset  ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’  key back to its default value of 0; i.e. zero.

Normally, memory fragmentation should not be a problem w/4GB of memory unless some program is leaking memory.

Thanks.It worked

6 hours ago, ddinc said:

Thanks.It worked

I also agree with @Marcos that your current PC configuration is reaching its maximum memory capacity.

Open up Win 10's Task Manager and check the memory column. At the top will show how much physical memory is currently be consumed. On my 8 GB memory PC, it shows 23%, or roughly 2 GB, of physical memory being used to run just IE11, Eset, and Win 10 1803 system tasks. That would equal to over 50% on your 4 GB memory PC. All you need to do is start up some memory intensive task and there is a high likelihood Eset problems may resurface.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, itman said:

I also agree with @Marcos that your current PC configuration is reaching its maximum memory capacity.

Open up Win 10's Task Manager and check the memory column. At the top will show how much physical memory is currently be consumed. On my 8 GB memory PC, it shows 23%, or roughly 2 GB, of physical memory being used to run just IE11, Eset, and Win 10 1803 system tasks. That would equal to over 50% on your 4 GB memory PC. All you need to do is start up some memory intensive task and there is a high likelihood Eset problems may resurface.

Yes happened again after using Cyberlink Powerdirector film editing software(which is inded better with 64 bit and 8 RAM)

What I don't understand:Have been using Nod32 since many years.Nothing has happened-same computer and software-until now.

Nod is the only software with problem.

Edited by ddinc

8 hours ago, ddinc said:

What I don't understand:Have been using Nod32 since many years.Nothing has happened-same computer and software-until now.

Most likely the upgrade to Windows 10 spring update put you over the memory threshold.

• Administrators

Please try temporarily disabling protected service in the HIPS setup and reboot the computer. Let us know if that helped.