Windows 10 April 2018 Update support?

Is Windows 10 April 2018 Update/v1803/Redstone 4 supported by ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.6.2072.4? Is there a KB article to that effect that I missed?

• ESET Moderators

Hello @JRV

I haven't seen any issues reported specifically for RS4 so far.

ESET Endpoint Security / Antivirus with declared RS4 support should be released during the upcoming week.

Regards, P.R.

ESET Internet Security version 11.1.54.0 so far support the Windows 10 1803, in my computer running well.

Thanks all. I need official guidance; too much liability to rely on anecdotes. Until it's officially supported, I can't afford to install it on clients' systems. And even then I'll wait a few weeks.

I like ESET, but you need to post a KB page like Trend does: https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/1119685. Post it a couple weeks before release date, and update it until every product is supported. (But don't do the other thing Trend does...wait until 4 months after release to issue an update to support a new W10 feature update!)

• ESET Moderators
3 hours ago, JRV said:

Thanks all. I need official guidance; too much liability to rely on anecdotes. Until it's officially supported, I can't afford to install it on clients' systems. And even then I'll wait a few weeks.

I like ESET, but you need to post a KB page like Trend does: https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/1119685. Post it a couple weeks before release date, and update it until every product is supported. (But don't do the other thing Trend does...wait until 4 months after release to issue an update to support a new W10 feature update!)

We have Windows 10 KB articles for Home and Business that we update if there is an issue with any of our products and Windows 10--

Home and Business:

Known issues with ESET products and Windows 10

Home products:

Upgrade to Windows 10 with your ESET product installed

Business products:

Upgrade to Windows 10 with ESET business products installed

Thanks, FONEIL. Since there is no mention of the April 2018 update (or any other feature update) on these pages, does that mean version 6.1x and higher officially support W10 v1803, and that there's no need to wait for "ESET Endpoint Security / Antivirus with declared RS4 support should be released during the upcoming week."?

• ESET Moderators
3 minutes ago, JRV said:

Thanks, FONEIL. Since there is no mention of the April 2018 update (or any other feature update) on these pages, does that mean version 6.1x and higher officially support W10 v1803, and that there's no need to wait for "ESET Endpoint Security / Antivirus with declared RS4 support should be released during the upcoming week."?

I see what you are saying. I don't want to speak for the Product Managers but I would say, the "official" support is announced in the product changelogs when the product is "officially" compatible. The KB documents any possible issues whether "officially" announced or not (before and after compatible build release).

I can see why (for business products especially) having a single location (such as the KB) to say whether on a certain date it is officially compatible or not would be beneficial. I will see what I can do about updating content to address that.