"Windows cannot access the the specified device, path or file.."

After installing EFS 6.5.12014.1 I get "c:Program\files\eset\eset file security\egui >> windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have approptiate permissions to access the item"- 

activation window never comes up after install and EGUI does not show alongside ekrn in task manager. I get this error when trying to manually launch EGUI by going into that path. This is a windows 2008 Server 64 bit with plenty of resources. Customer previously had a working EFS 4.5 running. EFS 4.5 was removed and computer rebooted before install of EFS 6.5. I did another uninstall of the broken 6.5 and manually confirmed no remnants in system32/drivers or in registry after reboot. Installed again and same issue. Currently having customer run sfc/ scannow. any suggestions going further? 

I'm having the exact same issue with the latest version downloaded and installed on a Server 2008 SBS today?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Herm01 said:

I'm having the exact same issue with the latest version downloaded and installed on a Server 2008 SBS today?

Please provide me with logs gathered by ELC to start off.

Herm01.  I currently cannot test with my customer but have you tried installing another build of EFS to see if it also fails. 

I will PM you a link for EFS 6.3 which is the only build I have available right now. see if that one installs so maybe we can confirm it has to do with current build. I will test as well when I get access back to server.