Can't see networked laptop and WDTV

I am on the last version of Smart Security and since installing it I can't see a networked laptop nor my Western Digital TV Media player, I used to have great access to both.

I have tried the suggestions from the knowledge base plus asked for help from online supposrt which was more frustrating than anything at all.

I have logging turned on and the two items don't show at all in the logging.  I have both items added to trusted zone.

When I open network in My Computer neither one of the two show at all

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

Belveder, Thank you for posting.

A few simple questions to get started . . .

Can you verify that both your computer and the laptop are in the same workgroup ?

can you ping your laptop ?

Do you have Network Discovery turned on in your desktop settings ?

Does your laptop see your WDTV and access it? Does your laptop see your desktop in Network ?

Thanks for the reply

Belveder, Thank you for posting.

A few simple questions to get started . . .

Can you verify that both your computer and the laptop are in the same workgroup ?

yes

can you ping your laptop ?

yes

Do you have Network Discovery turned on in your desktop settings ?

yes

Does your laptop see your WDTV and access it? Does your laptop see your desktop in Network ?

No & yes

When I uninstall ESET everything works fine

Edited by Marcos
Formatting adjusted

• Administrators

Please continue as follows:

1. clear the filrewall log
  2. enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup
  3. reproduce the issue
  4. post your firewall log records here

You can also check the temporary IP address blacklist under Setup -> Network in the main ESS gui to see if the IP address is listed. 

• Administrators

Please repeat the same, now also with "Enable advanced pcap logging" enabled in the IDS setup -> Troubleshooting. The log will be created in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Diagnostics\EpfwLog.pcapng. Please send it to me attached to a personal message.

Please repeat the same, now also with "Enable advanced pcap logging" enabled in the IDS setup -> Troubleshooting. The log will be created in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Diagnostics\EpfwLog.pcapng. Please send it to me attached to a personal message.

Thanks but can't seem to get a log small enough to send to you lol, it builds up in size so fast

• Administrators

Thanks but can't seem to get a log small enough to send to you lol, it builds up in size so fast

Ok, so compress the log, upload the archive to a safe location and pm me the download link then.