ERA filling Data

Hi There,

Local ESET antivirus server filling approximately 3 GB data every day. We are having 950 devices connected to the ERA.

In Server setting, logging is set for Warning (Trace Log Verbosity) and Database Clean is for 5 Months.

Agents communicate to the Local ERA server using HTTP proxy.

Please Help

Product:

ESET ERA (Server), version 5.5 (6.5.5220)

ESET ERA (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

Windows Server 2012 R2 64 Bit

Installed Components:

Update Module: 1069 (20161122)

Translation Support Module: 1672 (20180309)

Configuration module: 1526.10 (20180117)

Sysinspector Module: 1269 (20170321)

• ESET Staff

Hello, I would recommend to open up a ticket with your local ESET support representative. You have not specified, if what is filling is the database or, the disk on the computer where ERA Server is running. Do you use any functionalities like device control, or web-control in your environment? (you have features active, and report templates configured to collect the data). 

what is filling is the database or, the disk on the computer where ERA Server is running  :  Disk is filling up

Do you use any functionalities like device control, or web-control in your environment? (you have features active, and report templates configured to collect the data): Yes we have Device and web control enable, and for web wontrol we use default web control feature.

Hi, Thanks for the reply

I’m trying to find out which file/folder consuming more space, till now I’m not able to find out which folder/file consuming more space. I have used WinDirstat software also to find folder size but I’m not able to find exact folder which is consuming more size.

Any help will be appreciated.

• ESET Staff

Hi, so what are sizes of your ERA related folders:

• C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator
  • C:\Program Files\ESET\RemoteAdministrator
  • folder with your ERA SQL instance (database)

Hi, sorry for late reply

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator : 1.42 GB

C:\Program Files\ESET\RemoteAdministrator : 400 MB

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server : 4 GB

I' not sure which folder getting data on the server. only All in one ERA is install on the server

• ESET Staff

Hi, these sizes seems to be OK, so you can say not the database nor logs are growing 3GB per day. Are you sure it is caused by ERA Server app? Since when is this happening?

Hi Janoo,

I have moved the server to other host server and size is not increasing the way it was increasing before. I'm monitoring and will update here.

Thank you

Thanks