Looking for better ways to manage my firewall rules

Im fairly new to ESET however i am familiar with firewall setup. Ive setup my usual rules for the system however i keep coming across issues with users and custom programs. I have an engineering department that uses a lot of odds and end programs for their odds and end equipment. The way my firewall is setup right now is that the rules get pushed out via the policy but cannot be edited by the users. However there is a troubleshooter option in the networks tab in ESET that would allow them to add exceptions on their own but it appears to be blocked by my policy setting. Is there a way for them to either submit, through the program, the programs they need exceptions to or flat out allow them to add exceptions on their own through the troubleshooter?

• Administrators

There will be a solution to this in ESMC (ERA v7) which will enable you to specify how policies will be applied / merged on clients:

image.png

That sounds great for later. Is there a set release date for that yet?

Right now though a dozen+ apps that all need their own rules that i dont necessarily know about in advance is a bit tedious. Do you have any advice about that at all?