Give users alerts via policy

Razzle69
Go to solution Solved by Chadh,

I have a server setup with all clients being managed (Server version 5.1.34, Endpoint AV Client versions 5.0.2214).  I would like each users to receive desktop alerts when eset finds a violation.  In the policy configuration editor there is an option in "Windows desktop v5 | Kernel | Settings | User interface alerts and notifications" that states 'On multi-user systems, display notifications on the screen of this user:'  Right now it is set to Administrator.  Is there any way to set this to a variable for the currently logged on user?  Can i use the windows system variable %username% here?

• Solution

Hello Razzle69,

The setting On multi-user systems, display notifications on the screen of this user will only apply if the ESET product is installed on a machine with multiple simultaneous users logged in (e.g. Terminal Servers).

On most single-user systems (e.g. desktop/laptop workstations), ESET will display the threat notifications to the currently logged-in user. Please follow these steps to ensure your users are notified about threats found:

1. Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console by double-clicking the ERAC icon on your Desktop, or by clicking Start -> All Programs -> ESET -> ESET Remote Administrator Console -> ESET Remote Administrator Console.
  2. In the main program window, click Tools and then Policy Manager.
  3. Select your desired policy and click Edit to open ESET Configuration Editor.
  4. Navigate to Windows Desktop v5 -> Kernel -> Settings -> Default user interface values.
  5. Select Suppress user settings and click the check box on the right to enable this option. Click the Mark button on the right, if it can be clicked.
  6. Select Minimum verbosity of events to display and ensure the value is Informative records or Warnings. Click the Mark button on the right, if it can be clicked.
  7. Select Display only notifications requiring user intervention and uncheck the box on the right. Click the Mark button on the right, if it can be clicked.
  8. Click File -> Save.
  9. Click File -> Quit.

These settings will be adjusted after the clients assigned to this policy check-in to the Remote Administrator server. The users will need to log out and log back in before the changes will take effect.

Thank you,

ChadH

• 2 months later...

I have a couple of questions if you dont mind;

1. Can multiple users be specified in the field "On multi-user systems.." e.g User1,User2..

2. If no entry is specified I assume that all users will see notifications or just the logged in user on server?

Just need some clarification, thanks.