Jump to content

Endpoint Security 5.x.2265 - DNS Issue?


NoMayo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a few remote sites that are unable to browse the net.

Web controls is turned on, but if I turn it off they regain browsing access.  We're blocking all the bad stuff, but things like google work fine on our other installations so I'm led to believe it is a localized problem to the endpoint and not to ESET in general.

I used to be able to manually configure the DNS on the box using standard google public DNS to restore browsing features, but this is failing.

What else can I look for as a possible blocker in how sites are be processed?  I also put in a ticket because the https://zvelo.com/zvelolive/ site isn't working for lookups.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

For me the Zvelo form is working alright. Have you tried setting Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 / 4.4.4.4 on a computer to see if it makes a difference?

Should the problem persist, install ESET Endpoint Security 6.6 on one of the machines, enable advanced firewall and Web control logging, reproduce the issue, disable logging, collect log with ELC and provide the generated archive to customer care for analysis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Zvelo problem is related to our internal network at HQ.  I can use an offsite machine to reference URLs.  I'll try installing 6.6 on the machine and bringing that info in.  Thank you again.  I'm assuming you meant 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 for DNS and not 4.4.4.4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...