Jump to content

Extending license with new key


Leroy08
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have NOD32 installed and running on a 2-year license key from 2016.  Knowing that it would be coming up for renewal, I purchased 1-year/3 device package back in February.  At that time (2/26/18) I put one install on a new computer, intending to use the other install on the existing machine.  Yesterday I began getting the message on my existing (expiring 2-year install) PC and I figured I could just change the license key to the new 1-year code to extend the license for another 12 months.  I did that, and while it did accept the key, it shows an expiration of 2/26/19 (one year from the date I put one activation on a different PC) rather than simply adding to the current expiration date.  Is this how it is supposed to work, or should I see the older PC expiration date more like 4/2019?

I haven't been able to find the details on this question, so apologies if it is available elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please contact your local distributor. Basically a license key becomes valid as of the day of purchase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Leroy08 said:

I have NOD32 installed and running on a 2-year license key from 2016.  Knowing that it would be coming up for renewal, I purchased 1-year/3 device package back in February.  At that time (2/26/18) I put one install on a new computer, intending to use the other install on the existing machine.  Yesterday I began getting the message on my existing (expiring 2-year install) PC and I figured I could just change the license key to the new 1-year code to extend the license for another 12 months.  I did that, and while it did accept the key, it shows an expiration of 2/26/19 (one year from the date I put one activation on a different PC) rather than simply adding to the current expiration date.  Is this how it is supposed to work, or should I see the older PC expiration date more like 4/2019?

I haven't been able to find the details on this question, so apologies if it is available elsewhere.

The expiration date for 1 year /3 devices starts by the moment you activated the first device, which in your situation was 2/26/18.   Even though you did not activate the rest of 2 devices, the expiration date for them is the same like the first device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My team has analyzed Eset nod32 antivirus product and published comprehensive review according to our findings. I have also mentioned license key renewal procedure along with other important Eset NOD32 Antivirus features but this issue will be addressed by the local distributor as mentioned above.

We have regarded Eset performance as the best compared to others and it was based on Industry analyze, comparison with other similar products and customer reviews all over the world.

The overall result was enough for us to give the highest rating to Eset NOD32 Antivirus on our website. Though there is always the possibility that we have missed out something or added something outdated somewhere, so any suggestions will be welcome in this regard. Eset Product Review: https://www.criticthoughts.com/security/eset-nod32-antivirus-review/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Allena Dominus said:

My team has analyzed Eset nod32 antivirus product and published comprehensive review according to our findings.

I would like to point out that only ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium are our flagship products for consumers that provide complete protection from Internet-borne threats so users might be more interested in testing these than just a pure antivirus. These products also contain Botnet protection and Network protection modules to protect especially unpatched computers from exploits exploiting network vulnerabilities and thus proactively prevent the system from getting infected with not yet known malware (which happened in the case of the infamous WannaCry ransomware for instance).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

I would like to point out that only ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium are our flagship products for consumers that provide complete protection from Internet-borne threats so users might be more interested in testing these than just a pure antivirus. These products also contain Botnet protection and Network protection modules to protect especially unpatched computers from exploits exploiting network vulnerabilities and thus proactively prevent the system from getting infected with not yet known malware (which happened in the case of the infamous WannaCry ransomware for instance).

Appreciated! We will soon update this product review according to your recommendation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Allena Dominus said:

Appreciated! We will soon update this product review according to your recommendation.

How is this relevant for the original subject in hand

" Extending license with new key"??????

Edited by MSE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just additional info, but still it depends on your local distributors, in my place the license can be upgraded or extend to the certain amount of seats, and also, the license renewal, is renewal, which mean with the current license in effect it can be extend to a new date without changing the license.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...