Overnight Scanning Problem

Neilyum

Hi folks!

I have recently Upgraded my ESET Antivirus to version 11.1.42.1, and I'm having a problem with a Scan.

(Longtime ESET user, I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1709, Build 16299.334, 16 GB RAM)

I have created an "Overnight Daily Scan" of all my local hard drives, and have it set to start at 12:30 AM. Some nights it works as it should, and usually takes about 2 hours or so.

However, on other nights (as shown in attached screenshot) it will run endlessly with zero results, *and* I can't turn it off either. The only way I have found to stop the endless scan is to reboot!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled (v 11.1.42.1) 3 times, but this problem still happens and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone offer some tips or instructions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!!

EndlessLoop.JPG

Hi Marcos, thanks for the quick reply!

===============================

Marcos

• Group: Administrators

@emem The issue is fixed in the latest version which is now undergoing QA tests. I've installed it and had no issues while running scans. If you want, you can download and install ESET Internet Security 11.1.48.0 from the following links: EIS 32-bit, EIS 64-bit.

================================================================================

I'm excited that there's a fix in the works, but the links (provided above in your answer to someone else) are for "Internet Security", I'm only running "Antivirus". Will this somehow still work for me?

Edited by Neilyum
quoting booboo

• Administrators

I was asked to remove the links until the build passes QA tests so I hope I'll be able to provide you with the installers within the next 1-2 weeks.

Once again, thank you!

I took a chance, Downloaded & Installed "Internet Security" v11.1.48.0 (over my existing "Antivrus" v11.1.42.1) and happy to report all went smoothly. :-)

Tonight's Overnight Scan will tell if the problem has really been solved for me, I guess...

• Administrators

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to purchase and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus and not ESET Internet Security? The latter also contains Network protection module which adds protection from network protocol exploits and bots and thus provides better protection against not yet known malware. Network protection made ESET firewall-enabled products to be one of two if not the only one AV to protect unpatched computer from getting hit by the infamous WannaCry ransomware at the time of the outbreak.

Hi Marcos!

To be honest, it was so long ago that I really don't remember! :-)

Oh wait, it just came to me...When I purchased my PC many years ago (from a local US chain called "PC Laptops"), it was included in the price! I have been renewing the license annually ever since, and really never thought about it until you just asked! How would I "Upgrade" from E-AV to E-IS, and how much would it cost me?

• Administrators

Here in Slovakia the difference in price is 10e between these products for 1-year 1-user license. We also offer a Family pack for 4 devices; the license is for 18 months and the difference in price compared to 1-year 1-user ESET NOD32 Antivirus license is 30e. In other countries partners mainly sell multi-device licenses that can cover up to 10 devices.

These packs include not only ESET Internet Security but you can pick any product for consumer users with the exception of ESET Smart Security Premium (ESSP), ie. products for Mac, Linux, Android (ESET Mobile Security, ESET Parental Control) and ESET TV Security for smart TVs and install them on your devices as you need.

ESSP is a premium product which is in fact ESET Internet Security with Password Manager and Disk Encryption added.

That said, whether you will go for a stand-alone product or a product pack depends on what features you are after and how many devices you want to cover. Of course, since you have an existing license the price for the remaining period would be subtracted from the price of the product you would purchase. I recommend contacting your local distributor who will be happy to assist you.

Below is a screen shot of the US website for a 2-year multi-device license for 3 devices:

image.png

Wow, that's a lot of great info, just what I was hoping for!

(I'll have to digest it all and try to make the best decision, but I think I've already picked the right one for me.)

Thanks again Marcos, I appreciate all your help! :-)

(Replying to my own earlier reply, but really to Marcos)

I just wanted to let you know that I got in touch with ESET today, and they gave me an *excellent* deal on an Upgrade from Antivrus to Internet Security.

Not only that, but the Upgrade includes my wife's PC as well, so we're both covered now! Thanks again!! :-)