Since 11.1.42.0 installed, scans sometimes won't work. It will just say scanning but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't do it every time, but when it happens, you can't cancel the scan or anything, you have to restart for it to stop "scanning".

I uninstalled and reinstalled 11.1.42.0 about 5 times now and its still a problem. After uninstalling each time I also booted into safe mode and used the eset uninstall tool to clear up and leftovers from the uninstall process.

Hopefully ESET already knows of this problem and is working on a fix. (btw I installed a trial of EIS on my wife's laptop and it would do the same thing on occasion)

I think all those who are seeing this issue would also like to know when this service release is going to be pushed from the update servers

• Administrators

A fixed version is planned to be released in less than a month. This issue should manifest only when an extremely fast scan is performed. I was unable to reproduce it just by scanning a single executable.

After a restart /reboot  of PC or program scans work as intended or appear to , what I was seeing is that after several hours the scan would hang in GUI sometimes continue scanning the disk, or GUI would hang and scanning  would stop, the first time it was a single.exe  then folders with multiple file types within them  in the past 24hrs it hasn't repeated, in that it stopped  but the  GUI during scanning files is still buggy micro freezing ie the timer stops and briefly and then jumps to the correct duration of the scan, but the delay at the start of the scan seems to of disapeared  The other thing is this if i drag and drop a folder to the scan box, the scan completes but does not list any of the files scanned and does not fully scan the folder ,where as if i use the right click, contextscan method it does list all files scanned  ???

drag.JPG

Context.JPG

scan log.JPG