Updating to new version 11.1.42.1 of ESET Internet Security. 

Been using ESET for so many years and now this mess! 

Somethings changed in firewall rules after updating to new version 11.1.42.1 of ESET Internet Security. 
Got lots of new (hundreds) blocked rules that I had to "Unblock". 
Is that normal behavior?

--> Connected Home Monitor <--

Why exclamation mark on my router?
Why are my devices renamed?

3 new devices suddenly appear that belong to my router, they are legit with mac adress ending C2, C3, C4. 
How to "Remove  device" permanently? 
After removal they keep popping up... annoying!

Edited by elle

• Administrators

Got lots of new (hundreds) blocked rules that I had to "Unblock". 

What do you mean by "new blocked rules"? Please post a screen shot for clarification. Rules are not created nor added automatically except in learning mode. However, in learning mode only permissive rules are created. A screen shot should shed more light.

An exclamation mark on a device means that some traffic from that device was blocked. Clicking the device and selecting "Troubleshoot" will open the firewall troubleshooting wizard with details about communications that were blocked with an option to unblock a particular communication permanently if it was legitimate and blocking it caused some issues.

3 new devices suddenly appear that belong to my router, they are legit with mac adress ending C2, C3, C4. 
How to "Remove  device" permanentelly? 

Please post a screen shot of the Connected home monitor screen for clarification.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

What do you mean by "new blocked rules"? Please post a screen shot for clarification. Rules are not created nor added automatically except in learning mode. However, in learning mode only permissive rules are created. A screen shot should shed more light.

An exclamation mark on a device means that some traffic from that device was blocked. Clicking the device and selecting "Troubleshoot" will open the firewall troubleshooting wizard with details about communications that were blocked with an option to unblock a particular communication permanently if it was legitimate and blocking it caused some issues.

Please post a screen shot of the Connected home monitor screen for clarification.

Yellow and blue exclamation marks on 5 devices. 
At the moment there are 2 devices C2 and C3 used by router showing that are legit. 
What about removing devices permanently?
Click on any device I don't get an option to troubleshoot? 
sPkBVos.jpg
Let's take it from there. 

Using "Interactive mode" on firewall.
To get screenshots of the strange new firewall rules I have to rollback the OS... again... :( 

Update:

Now I get this info on Connected Home Monitor. 

3 devices with mac adress ending C2, C3, C4.

Tried to remove them but they keep coming back.

If4xO9A.jpg

Edited by elle
info + update

I don't have any problem with the Firewall settings, but I do second that the names of the devices are back to default. I renamed them for convenience. Now, they are back to the default names when they were first added to the Connected Home Monitor tab.

• Administrators

What version did you have previously installed? Did you upgrade to the latest version manually using a Live Installer or an offline installer, or through the built-in product update feature? I've upgraded from v11.1.40.0 to v11.1.40.1 via the in-product update feature and the names of devices that I previously edited were preserved.