Eset Internet Security v11.0.159.9 update to v11.1.42

17 minutes ago, tommy456 said:

Try something bigger like a folder with a 1gb in size with several EXE type file in it,

I just context scanned windows.old i.e. Windows previous installation directories. It has 540 folders in it. It also has been Eset scanned previously many times via Smart scans.

Absolutely no issues with the context scan:

Eset_Context.png.f1a571432b2a3d87616782ee8011731f.png

I will add this. I have Eset's realtime idle-time scanning enabled. As such, Eset is constantly scanning files. As such, when a scheduled/context/etc. scan is run, there are very few files Eset hasn't previously scanned before.

Try with that disabled, i don't have it idle scanning because it still scans any files that are opened or executed regardless

Just retested scanning  a big folder again, GUI isn't displaying scanning  doesn't stop animations  and continues to thrash the hdd even though i interrupted it according to the logging  the only to stop it is to restart the reset process GUI or EKRN  or re boot the machine ,something i should not have to be doing,

Can someone please provide a download link for the previous version  of ESET INTERNET SECURITY X64

Version 11.0.59.9 that was working just fine

Edited by tommy456

• Administrators
2 hours ago, itman said:

This might explain a few things. Correction - the directory I previous scanned via Eset context scan had 4 files and 63 objects. The context scan log however recorded the objects as files - might be a bug there. Also ecls scan time shows zero seconds?

There were 4 files scanned some of which were probably archives, ie. 63 files/objects were scanned in total. If the scan time was less than 0.5 s, the total scan time will be shown as 0s.

2 hours ago, tommy456 said:

Just retested scanning  a big folder again, GUI isn't displaying scanning  doesn't stop animations  and continues to thrash the hdd even though i interrupted it according to the logging  the only to stop it is to restart the reset process GUI or EKRN  or re boot the machine ,something i should not have to be doing,

Do you have any other security type software installed other than Eset? This includes third party software like NVT's OSArmor, HitmanPro-Alert, and like solutions.

I confirm the presence of a tommy456 problem in the versions 11.1.42.0 and 11.1.42.1. It helps only reboot the computer. Sometimes you have to do this several times. The reinstallation ESS and Windows did not give anything. Version 11.0.59.9 not have this bug. The problem is very serious.

Here are a couple of screencaps that show what i am seeing, the scan ui hangs or does not completely scan the target  as the second screen cap shows the widely differing  number of scanned files from the same scanned target  in the logs, the last 2 scans of office gave the scan complete status, but obviously were not scanned  all these scans were performed using the drag and drop feature   in-depth scan   

The Pause and stop buttons are greyed out after  me trying to end the scan, though the alert did eventually pop up saying scan interrupted by the user, but this remains  ongoing in the Borked UI , i actually thought eset had turned a page with these new versions  in that they didn't release them  until all bugs like this one had been sorted,  why remove all links for the previous version ,??????  i will revert to v10 if i have to, why no updates on this ????

eset failed scan.JPG

eset 2.JPG

Edited by tommy456

After pressing the pause or stop radio buttons the disk activity stops but the buttons remain greyed out and the ui is stuck like that  with the eset try icon showing it is scanning, or updating ect  this should of been fixed prior to release we are not paying guinea pigs 

40 minutes ago, elquenunca said:

hello to me it happens to me exactly the same thing leaves the notification that it has finished the analysis but continues scanning

That could be what I was seeing when I "thought" I was seeing a self (by EIS) initiated scan....twice. And I also have seen the action buttons greyed out. Ended up having to reboot.

Edited by TomFace

18 minutes ago, TomFace said:

That could be what I was seeing when I "thought" I was seeing a self (by EIS) initiated scan....twice. And I also have seen the action buttons greyed out. Ended up having to reboot.

In my case I didn't know how to stop the analysis because the close buttons didn't do anything and I didn't analyze anything so I had to restart the laptop, I hope you'll soon correct the problem. a greeting.

Well after searching the net for the previous version i want to revert back to, seeing as ESET in their infinite wisdom have removed this version 11.0.159.9 for no logical reason, because earlier versions are listed on the ESET uk site

I found what i think is the version i want, but for confirmation that it is authentic post a few screen grabs of the properties and it's digi sig thumbprint for comparison, 5ac4fd8130891_sha2.JPG.487f0b55607c6c31b75f3a7ae2b17d97.JPGsha.JPG.8edd1064f810fe6420fd3a32372317c9.JPG

Edited by tommy456
add a missing word

On 30/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, foneil said:

https://support.eset.com/kb2885/ the download for .42.0 is the "same' as the .42.1, the latter is a "repacked build" and after the 42.0 updates the detection modules, they are the same version. More explanation about repacked versions and version numbers, see https://support.eset.com/kb2256/#RepackedBuildRelease

The page says 11.1.42.1 but the ESET Internet Security (64-Bit) file is actually 10.3 :-/. It's only 93MB for one thing.

Where can you download ESET Internet Security 11.1.42.1 (64-Bit)?

I'm still on 11.0.159.9 but Windows 10 Spring Creators Update (v1803 / RS4) is out now. I understand you need 11.1.42.1 for this. I see 11.1.42 was released 3 weeks ago but you can't actually get hold of it :-/

Thanks

Edited by bradavon

• Administrators

Currently v11.0.159 is the latest available. In about two weeks we'll be releasing a new v11.1.

As for support of Spring Creators Update, v11.0 and even v10 should be fully compatible.

11 hours ago, Marcos said:

Currently v11.0.159 is the latest available. In about two weeks we'll be releasing a new v11.1.

As for support of Spring Creators Update, v11.0 and even v10 should be fully compatible.

Hi Marcos,

Thank you. I thought only 11.1.42.1 was signed off for the Spring Creators Update RTM?

Is there a specific version in writing which version is compatible? I'd feel more comfortable to see something saying "Version XXX is compatible with... the Spring Creators Update/1803/RS4".

Thanks again.

On 30/03/2018 at 11:39 AM, razorfancy said:

Yesterday I updated from v11.0.159.9 update to v11.1.42.1 via Eset regular updates and worked fine for me and the only setting that I lost was the "Show splash-screen" that I had disable but got enable again after update.

Just to inform you I didnt lost any other settings like exclusions, firewall rules, etc

Like I said previous I updated to version v11.1.42.1 but I just wanna report that I dont get the Scan Bug reported by other users in this topic.

yROfIO1.jpg

Edited by razorfancy

• Most Valued Members
On 4/11/2018 at 5:04 AM, Marcos said:

9 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Hello,

My ESET IS is still in v11.0.159.9:( , how can I get the latest v11.1.42.1  ?

Thanks

See the first quote above dated 4/11 from Marcos.

• Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Oups, I apologize for my useless question:wacko:

And thanks @SCR :)

You're welcome.

The only useless question I know of is the one not asked.

• Administrators

If you would like to install EIS 11.1.51 release candidate, you can download it from:
ESET Internet Security 32-bit
ESET Internet Security 64-bit

This version has passed QA testing and will be released very soon, probably as version 11.1.52. It addresses all known issues reported with v11.1.42.

46 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you would like to install EIS 11.1.51 release candidate, you can download it from:

This version has passed QA testing and will be released very soon, probably as version 11.1.52. It addresses all known issues reported with v11.1.42.

If we have 11.1.42.1 installed, will this new version update automatically on top of the current version to work correctly, or will we have to uninstall and install "fresh?" as was necessary for many users last time?

• Administrators

An automatic update (uPCU) will be issues to users with an older v11 later, not immediately after the new v11.1 is released. If you want to have it asap without waiting for automatic update, you can download it and install it over your current version. Installation over an older version is a fully supported scenario to preserve your current settings.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Including the mess that it causes should you need to uninstall it (Version 11.1.42.1) needing to disarm it(hips self-protect) stop the eset service starting  after a reboot, and then deleting the drivers manually from the registry, then running the uninstall tool with the  nosafemode cmd to ensure  all it's driver entries  where removed, so the PC can boot into windows again normally, not to mention the remanents still left behind that prevent eset firewall working  when it's reinstalled again, ? none of which should be happening because it should fully and cleanly uninstall without issues IMO it was very sloppy of eset

Edited by tommy456