License number difference

ewong

• Most Valued Members

In the "License Administrator" it shows that I have for my license, 13 units.  However, I just got an email from ESET of the following:

License administrator 	

Dear <user>

The following license, registered under <email redacted>, is nearly using all of its 
allotted units:

License ID: <license redacted>
Product: ESET Endpoint Protection Standard
Quantity: 15
Expiration: <expiry redacted>

Click here for more details <https://ela.eset.com>

Sincerely,
The ESET Team 	

What happened to the extra 2 licenses?

Thanks

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

@ewong - Can you please post a screenshot from ESET License Administrator?

Sure.

Though I cleared the license id info.

xxxx.png

• Most Valued Members

As a followup, I'm just wondering if it is because I used 2 offline licenses?  (I would've thought that the offline licenses would be counted within the 13 licenses).

• ESET Staff

The reason is simple. You have 2 units converted to the "offline file". The logic on ELA is that TOTAL = Available Online + Allocated Offline, which in your case means 13 + 2 = 15.

We are going to change this behavior (visual interpretation) in the new ESET Business Account, which is a successor to ESET License Administrator.

Edited by MichalJ

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, MichalJ said:

The reason is simple. You have 2 units converted to the "offline file". The logic on ELA is that TOTAL = Available Online + Allocated Offline, which in your case means 13 + 2 = 15.

We are going to change this behavior (visual interpretation) in the new ESET Business Account, which is a successor to ESET License Administrator.

I'm not entirely sure if that's the case anymore. 

In ERA, I'm looking at the list of systems [which includes both online and offline activations], and the # is still 13.   I'm looking at the license list in the ELA and it lists 13 systems.  Granted that two systems have subunits (which I'm not sure what it means).  I clicked on the red 2 Offline word on the main page, and it does show 13/13 for licenses and 2 offline license items.

I apologize but I'm very confused with what I'm seeing.  So if I have total of 15 units, 2 of which have been converted to offline, would the offline units be also listed in the list of systems?  I'm looking at the two offline systems (from the ERA) and I don't quite see where it says it was activated via offline license.  So I go to the LIcense Management in ERA and see that none of the offline license units were activated. 

I think I might have set one of the offline systems to online once and it got activated via the online channel.   I've changed that, and now it should say 12/13  (2 offline license).

Would it be possible to have a future version of the License Administrator to show the full list of systems and have an indication of which were online activated and which were offline activated?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi @ewong

Can you please send me the screenshot of your ELA to me via a private message. I am interested to see, what you see.

ERA does not "count" the computers, activated by a specific license. License count is determined by ESET Cloud Licensing. Seats activated by the offline file, are meant to be "offline", meaning without the internet connectivity, meaning that they will not appear in ELA. If they have internet, they will appear on ELA (you have a red rectangle, with 2 displayed) meaning, that they have connected to the internet. But ERA is not aware of this information.

As of now, you do not see, if the seat was activated using an offline file, or standard license. AFAIK (I will have to double check) this will be changed in the upcoming version V7.  I will handle your request towards the product manager responsible for the ESET Business Account, which is a successor for the ESET License Administrator.

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hi @ewong

Can you please send me the screenshot of your ELA to me via a private message. I am interested to see, what you see.

@MichalJ, Is this with or without the license information?

Edited by ewong

• Most Valued Members

After reading your explanation, I went and checked with the supposed-to-be-offline systems and found they were online (which was a mistake).

I've deactivated those two errant systems and now, I think things are correct.