ESET Live Grid after latest update - cannot disable, cannot enable

p0k3m0n

I DO NOT use ESET Live Grid. After update to latest version I have this window permanently. Accept/decline "buttons" not working. It is again when I thinking about change this software into Kaspersy or Norton. You simply do not control own code, ESET.

Yep, just updated as well and face the exact same issue. It asks you if you want to enable or disable the "Eset LiveGrid-Feedbacksystem." But regardless if you press allow or do not allow nothing ends up happening.

14 minutes ago, Chekir said:

Nope problem is still there for me,even after last update.

Yes, same problem with

Same issue here. Click "allow," Windows asks for permission to change settings, but the message remains (Win10, 1709, x64). I do not know what update @BabyMoseN is referring to. After rebooting, I checked for updates and nothing new is coming down after 11.1.42.0.

Edited by howardagoldberg

1 minute ago, howardagoldberg said:

Same issue here. Click "allow," Windows asks for permission to change settings, but the message remains (Win10, 1709, x64)

same issue here (Windows 7 Ult. x64 SP1)

10 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

Same issue here. Click "allow," Windows asks for permission to change settings, but the message remains (Win10, 1709, x64). I do not know what update @BabyMoseN is referring to. After rebooting, I checked for updates and nothing new is coming down after 11.1.42.0.

Same here, I even reinstallt the program, still thesame issue 

Was same problem for me.

So I installed latest version 11.1.42.0  from scratch, clean install and now i get

"event id 7006 ScRegSetValueExW access denied"

in the event log. Anyone know how to fix this?

8 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

Also ... there are no longer settings for LiveGrid under "Tools."

It looks like the new version hasn't been tested thoroughly before release

LiveGrid is now "Cloud based protection" under "Detection Engine"

Edited by Skunk1966

I am seeing this in the event viewer, which I believe correlates with every time I have clicked "accept" and Windows asks if ESET can make changes to the system:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. 

• Administrators

Could you please try switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup to ensure that the latest Configuration Engine module is downloaded? Please let us know if that fixes the issue:

image.png

Found "Cloud-based protection" in advanced settings. Guess that's new.

There it can be disabled, but then GUI complains it's disabled.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please try switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup to ensure that the latest Configuration Engine module is downloaded? Please let us know if that fixes the issue:

image.png

No. I do not run pre-release updates, and should not have to do so in order for ESET to function properly. This is obviously an issue affecting most if not all users.

Edited by howardagoldberg

3 minutes ago, Corso said:

Found "Cloud-based protection" in advanced settings. Guess that's new.

There it can be disabled, but then GUI complains it's disabled.

Where? I do not see anything called "Cloud-based protection."

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please try switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup to ensure that the latest Configuration Engine module is downloaded?

that solved the issue for me

Thanks @Marcos

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Marcos, as per my other thread, I had a settings password enabled and since this update I am also locked out of product settings because Eset is telling me that my password is incorrect, so I cannot enable pre-release updates or make any other changes whatsoever. 

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

image.png

Hello Marcos; I try and I give the result

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Fixed the issue for me, but i still can't see the LIveGrid in advanced setup > tools

Edited by Rhinala