Permitting the download of FileZilla

Good day

I am trying to install FileZilla on a colleagues work PC and ESET is blocking the application.

Could someone please provide me with some simple instructions on how to allow this application installation?

Regards
Sam

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, Filezilla is bundled with Fusioncore PUA. When it comes to PUA detection, the user is asked for action selection. Besides selecting "No action", one can expand advanced options and select exclude from detection.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

If I remember correctly, Filezilla is bundled with Fusioncore PUA. When it comes to PUA detection, the user is asked for action selection. Besides selecting "No action", one can expand advanced options and select exclude from detection.

That is correct.  However, if you click Download from the menu bar on the left side, then click on "Show Additional Download options", there are different binaries that do not include the Fusioncore PUA.  I guess they probably receive some type of revenue for having the bundled one on their home page. You will notice the one on the homepage has "bundled" in the filename as well. 

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Hi Marcos

Thank you so much for that, but since I'm a rather technology challenged individual, I am looking for step by step instructions on excluding from detection.  When I select "Ignore" when the notification pops up, ESET still doesn't allow the installation.