Glad you found the issue Marcos, let me know if you would still like the logs but it looks like you have solved it now.

My webcam is listed under "Cameras" :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DanielJUK said:

Glad you found the issue Marcos, let me know if you would still like the logs but it looks like you have solved it now.

We appreciate your willingness to help, however, further logs are not currently needed since the issue is now solved and a fixed program update (uPCU) to v11.1.42.1 will be put on pre-release update servers soon.

my built-in web cam  is also under the "camera" category in device manager. It worked fine under 11.0.159.0, but had problems when i upgraded to 11.1.4x.0

It's on a 2010 Toshiba satellite laptop and the device is called "USB 2.0 UVC Webcam"

My solution was to do the following:

1. export your current EIS settings in the settings menu of EIS.
  2. goto eset.com and either download the smart installer or the full package (i prefer the full package)
  3. write down or find a copy of your EIS license info (you will need it when you re install EIS)
  4. uninstall EIS and then reboot
  5. install EIS again using the installer downloaded in step 2 and reboot once more
  6. import your EIS settings using the same menu the you used to export them.
  7. check your settings to see if they are set as you want them to be.

after this the web cam protection and any other feature that were not working should now work.

Edited by cybot

I just updated to v11.1.42.1 and now the issue is gone. :)

Edited by RGM71
textual correction

so it looks like they repacked the version and fixed what ever was the problem. (as denoted by the .1 at the end of the version)

• 1 month later...

Камера находится в разделе устройств обработки изображения, есет версия 1.11.54.0. Ноутбук используется на ребенка, говорит, что в диалоговом окне программы появились, случайно нажал на блокировку, и теперь камера не работает, я проверил, все открыто принимающего процессов, проверил настройки самой камеры, все разрешено, но камера не работает, прошло более трех месяцев. Что делать, как восстановить работу и доступ к камере?

Machine translation:
The camera is located in the image processing devices section, version 1.11.54.0. The laptop is used on the child, says that in the program dialog appeared, accidentally clicked on the lock, and now the camera does not work, I checked all openly accepting processes, checked the settings of the camera itself, everything is allowed, but the camera does not work, it took more than three months . What to do, how to restore work and access to the camera?

111.jpg

Edited by Marcos
Machine translation added

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Merqwer said:

The camera is located in the image processing devices section, version 1.11.54.0. The laptop is used on the child, says that in the program dialog appeared, accidentally clicked on the lock, and now the camera does not work, I checked all openly accepting processes, checked the settings of the camera itself, everything is allowed, but the camera does not work, it took more than three months . What to do, how to restore work and access to the camera?

Does actually temporarily disabling Webcam protection or uninstalling ESET make a difference?

turning off the protection of the webcam has not changed anything, Tset itself can not remove, as the laptop on warranty service, it is only 5 months, the program was purchased for a year and when buying warned not to climb yourself....