Lots of untrusted certificates the past week

I just started getting notifications from ESET Internet Security about a week ago regarding untrusted certifcates in Google Chrome.   Its happening on many of the pages I frequent, Slickdeals and Facebook to name a few.  Has something changed in a latest update?

• Administrators

Please provide a screen shot of 1-2 such warnings. Also try the following:
- Reboot the machine
- Without launching any applications, disable SSL/TLS filtering in the advanced EIS setup and save the changes
- Re-enable SSL/TLS filtering
- Try to reproduce the scenario.

16 hours ago, demonlight said:

I just started getting notifications from ESET Internet Security about a week ago regarding untrusted certifcates in Google Chrome.   Its happening on many of the pages I frequent, Slickdeals and Facebook to name a few.  Has something changed in a latest update?

do you happen to do any host file or DNS-level ad/tracker-blocking?

Edited by cvvorous

IS your date and time accurate? if so then uncheck SSL scanning in advanced options for ESET and then reboot machine. Go back into ESET advanced options and re-enable SSL scaning. 

Date and time are accurate, disabled and re-enabled SSL, restarted computer.  I have this same issue.

I figured it was related to this article, but can't confirm.
hxxp://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252436120/23000-Symantec-certificates-revoked-following-leak-of-private-keys

Get it a lot just visiting CNN and watching news videos from there.

And yes, happened a lot in the the last week.

For Chrome users, it is most likely related to Symantec certificates but not for the above revoked certs. but instead for this reason:

Google to kill Symantec certs in Chrome 66, due in early 2018

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/12/chrome_66_to_reject_symantec_certs/ 

Edited by itman

6 hours ago, MasterTB said:

@demonlight can you reproduce it lik Marcos asked on post 2? It would be very helpfull to see the warnings...

Sorry for not posting back, I haven't had many popups within the past week.   I assumed it was related to the various links posted earlier regarding rejected certificates in Chrome.   If I receive anymore popup warnings regarding certificates, Ill post them.