Jump to content

How to exclude threats from your browser?


Recommended Posts

Hello

I get this message continuously " A threat JS/Adware.Revizer.B was found in a file on your computer " The access has been blocked.

I want to exclude this threat from checking.

Thanks.

 
 

Capture1.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Excluding a threat from being detected is not a solution unless you want to get infected. Although in this case it's adware and not malware, I would not let even adware run on a computer.

If you're getting this alert right after launching a browser, ie. without opening any website, try disabling all extensions that you have installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Excluding a threat from being detected is not a solution unless you want to get infected. Although in this case it's adware and not malware, I would not let even adware run on a computer.

If you're getting this alert right after launching a browser, ie. without opening any website, try disabling all extensions that you have installed.

I understand the risk. Just tell me a solution, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Haven't tested it myself but you can try creating an exclusion for the whole computer with the threat name set:

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Haven't tested it myself but you can try creating an exclusion for the whole computer with the threat name set

Believe this option only exists for Eset Endpoint? I could not find it in Eset Internet Security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
56 minutes ago, itman said:

Believe this option only exists for Eset Endpoint? I could not find it in Eset Internet Security.

That option is available in consumer products too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

That option is available in consumer products too.

I can't find it. All I see are file based exclusions. Enlighten me please to what Eset GUI section the exclusion exists in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, itman said:

I can't find it. All I see are file based exclusions. Enlighten me please to what Eset GUI section the exclusion exists in.

I found it. You have to perform an "add" action in realtime scanning exclusions for the above shown screen to appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...