Marcos

Two Factor Authentication: Are you using it?

81 members have voted

1. 1. With so much online thievery and identity hacking going on these days, what prevents people from using the added security of 2 factor authentication?

• Don’t perceive any threats to their online activities
    • Lack of knowledge about 2 factor authentication benefits
    • Presumption that you need special hardware to use 2 factor authentication
    • Preconception that 2 factor is difficult or cumbersome for the average user
    • 2 factor authentication is too expensive

For me personally I think it's just unnecessary (don't throw stones at me yet). I agree with the fact that there is also lack of knowledge, but come on...Except you have some very vital info you want to protect so much them you can use the authentication security. True, there are a lot of hacks and things going on, but I don't think any hacker will want to waste their time getting into my account. Let's leave two factor authentication for those who needs it. The truth is that if hackers want to hack, I don't think it will stop them. 

But all the same, I really want to appreciate ESET and others for putting in the effort to ensure our online security. I guess I might need some extra security soon after posting this 😂

I am trying to find 2FA in the forum but I can't find it , it is not enabled right?

Is it possible to enable it for usage? so we can secure accounts more.

I use with important accounts and advise all to use