Webcam protection still does not work

Hello, 

So i have posted previously and also tried to seek help of your support staff but to no avail. I have updated windows (in fact done a fresh install), updated my drivers, updated ESET. your webcam protection just doesn't seem to work. Does not tell me which system processes are asking for access to webcam or even if I want to Skype, ESET shows no notifications. none whatsoever. 

Will this be fixed at some point or we should just ignore this and look elsewhere?

I have already gone through all these steps with ESET support. Still doesnt work Just want to know if it will work or not.

• Administrators

The webcam is listed under a new device category Cameras that was adden with the latest major update of Win10. This will be fixed in the next service build of v11.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here on two Notebooks. One is an older Dell Latitude E6510 with first i7 Serie (I think it is from 2012/2013), one is a Acer black nitro (~2 years). On both is Webcam protection not working. I´m sure, that this was working sometime in the past. And now, the cameras can be activated and ESET is not reporting anything. It is not the new Hardware, which ESET is not recognizing....

Edited by Krond

In Addition I´ve tested this in a Virtualbox - I´ve connected the integrated Webcam to the virtual machine, on activation of the cam, ESET Displays nothing. Are there any whitelisted programs, which have the permission to activate the cam automatically, whithout query the user?

after updating EIS to version 11.1.40.0 both web cam protection AND device control have stopped working. both features were working prior to the upgrade via program update. going to try rolling back the update through EIS advance program settings to see if that will get it working for now.

found a fix of a sort, for me at least. I went into apps and settings, and found the entry for EIS and clicked modify, then repair. EIS reverted from 11.1.40.0 to 11.0.159.0. then i restarted when asked to. after the restart, i went  into advanced settings > updates and turned off application updates. I don't know how long it will take ESET to fix the issue, but for now 11.0.159.0 has working device control and web cam protection, while version 11.1.40.0 does not.

Edited by cybot