Searching/filtering the Firewall application rules list

Hello,

1)  Is there any way to categorize or filter the rules list by manufacturer?  For example, I want to see all applications signed by Microsoft, Adobe, etc.  Recently I tried Avast which has that feature. 

2)  How can I turn off the multi-page listing?  How can I display all entries on the screen, instead of just 200 at a time? Why make the user flip through multiple pages?

3)  It seems that the search only works on the current page, it doesn't search the entire list.  This makes searching cumbersome.  How can I search the entire list, without having to flip through the pages and repeat the search on every page?

Thank you.

Edited by hazardass

3) A small correction to my 3rd issue - it turns out the multi-page searching is even less intuitive than I thought.  The search ONLY works when I'm viewing page #1 of the rules list.  It doesn't return any results if I search while viewing a different page. 

The whole multi-page format of the rules list is just pointless at the least, but it actually makes using the list too difficult.  Here is why. 

In order to see the latest entries to the list, I have to click several times to go to the last page (of course there is no sorting here, and there is no button for "last page").  Then, if I want to perform a search, I have to click all the way back through all the pages to page #1, and THEN type in the keyword.  Sorry but this seems ridiculous. I really hope I'm missing something here...

Edited by hazardass

• Administrators

3, Not sure which list you are referring to. I've checked HIPS rules and the search function found rules on any page.

2, It is not currently possible to turn off paging.

Thank you for the response.  I should have made that more clear - I'm talking about the Firewall rules list.  If I search on the 2nd page on, I get no results.  Could you please confirm that?  Thx.